Toshiba PT-114

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I have is $77 for a previous eBay sale and that the unit has no internal main amplifiers.

If I recall correctly Toshiba made decent tape decks back in those long-ago days.

Thrift stores are the cheapest place to find Q8s. If you live in a BIG city on the coasts your odds are better.

I've noticed that some used record/tape/CD stores have shoved their 8-tracks into back rooms. Explicitly ask for them and you may get lucky. Oney guy I knew went to a used record store in Iowa. No 8-tracks to be seen. He asked and was led to the basement where there were thousands of them, waiting for the owner to get the energy to haul them to the dumpster. He found quite a few Q8s. Bought them all, in fact.

Seek and ye shall find, even if it's for top dollar on eBay.

Wow, I'm glad I got mine for less than $77!

I will contact record stores to see if they have any hidden Q8s

Do any of you out there have any Q8s that you'd be willing to sell? I can't offer any carts for trade (cause I have none!!).

<edit> Just to add, if you have any Q8s to offer, I can be reached at [email protected]

Sorry I don't have any Q8's to offer you,but I did find some specs on your tape deck,and they are as follows: Frequency Response;40-12,000 +/-?db,Wow+Flutter ;0.2%, Signal/Noise Ratio;45db. This deck sold for $129.00 Canadian,from 1974-76.I hope this helps,Bill.

Most of my surplus Q8s have gotten scooped up in the past several weeks. Here's what's left:
Quincy Jones - Body Heat
Carly Simon - No Secrets and Playin Possum
Santana III
Seals and Croft - Diamond Girl
Blood Sweat and Tears - Best
Harry Nilsson - Nillson Schmillson
Ozark Mtn Daredevels - It'll Shine when it shines
Condition varies so email if interested.
[email protected]

Back