Trip to a Record Store - What's Your Latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pics I'm seeing makes the stores look huge. The biggest store we have in our area is Josey Records. It's pretty nifty 2 floors & reasonably close to me but I rarely go their. Why? Old Codger Alert: they play music so loud you can't even converse with the store clerks or concentrate while you browse. I feel like Marty McFlies high school principal.

Sadly after 20+ years one of my favorite record stores just closed, Vinyl Renaissance. They had a separate section for quad records & audiophile direct to disc stuff. Bought a few SACD's there & a couple of LP's. Small but very nice selection of 'tronics & speakers, etc. But the owners just decided to retire...
It looks HUGE because it's HUGE!

This was many years ago, I wandered into a record store in Melbourne and I saw one of the most stunning looking skinny blonde shop assistant. I was looking for some stuff by Ian Dury and the blockheads and so I asked her what they had. She then reported to me that her favorite by the blockhead was " sex and drug and rock and roll". Wow, I fell in love that moment!

Made a pilgrimage to St. Paul's Cheapo Records. I followed this advice:
Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 11.37.43 AM.png

My latest was to The Philadelphia Record Exchange in January while visiting my daughter over Christmas/New Years. I bought several records of various condition (mostly at least VG) and the prices were commensurate with the condition.

It is fairly close to where she lives so I walked there and then walked down to the Fishtown Tavern afterward where they make killer Martinis and Tonics. They certainly don't skimp on the gin! :D

Doug

Back