DTS-CD Trying to Extract DTS and Burn to CD or DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leefarber

Hello all,

I have recently picked up the Genesis 1976-1982 SACD/DVD box set. My Acura has the ELS 5.1 Surround system and is capable of playing DTS discs. But it is unable to read the DTS portion of the DVDs in the box set. Is there a relatively straightforward way of extracting the DTS 5.1 soundtrack from the DVD and burning it to either a CD or DVD that my player can read? I'm a Mac user and have been unable to find a solution.

Thanks!

Lee

I'm not sure about doing this on a MAC. Someone else will have to jump in.

Hello all,

I have recently picked up the Genesis 1976-1982 SACD/DVD box set. My Acura has the ELS 5.1 Surround system and is capable of playing DTS discs. But it is unable to read the DTS portion of the DVDs in the box set. Is there a relatively straightforward way of extracting the DTS 5.1 soundtrack from the DVD and burning it to either a CD or DVD that my player can read? I'm a Mac user and have been unable to find a solution.

Thanks!

Lee

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...

Unfortunately, the DTS on the Genesis DVD's is at 96k. The only DTS that your car will play is a cd with 44k wav files or DVD-A. There is a bunch of converting that would need to be done either to DTS cd or a DVD-A. This would involve getting the 6 individual wavs from the DVD DTS and downsampling it to 44k then reconverting to DTS for cd or using the wavs to create a DVD-A disc. Add to the equation the MAC and you are pretty much out of luck.

Thanks, Bob. I was able to use DVD Audio Ripper to get the 6 Mono wavs at 44100hz, but unfortunately, I don't know what to do with them beyond that. I can't imagine that no solution exists for Mac users!

Does the Circlina product have a MAC version? What about DiscWelder?

You're almost there if you have the 6 mono files at 44.1KHz.

Yes, us Mac folk are pretty screwed :mad: when it comes to Surround decoding and playback...
For Mac there's NO :
-Adobe Audition
-Surcode dts encoder

Even the output of the VLC is Stereo!

The only "answer" is something like Logic Pro (which is a steal at $500- I got my first emagic 4.0 Platinum for $1200 many years ago!)

Anyway the only way you MAY do this is the "Pre Historic" way; recording the analog outputs of your player (assuming you have one with analog outputs)to multitracks in the Mac and encoding it using Logic Pro or some other program...

I personally found out the hard way that you have to use the G5's optical digital output to play 44.1 dts surround files in my Pioneer receiver optical in,(using Quick time player, a drag since you can only play one file at a time and don't have the option for a playlist) since neither coax nor optical outs in the MOTU 828mkII's pass the dts files.

And STILL you won't get DTS, only Dolby with Logic....

But macs are soooo pretty....and stable....

Back