Bruce Soord - "Caught In The Hum" live CD/DTS 5.1 DVD release coming in January 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from a few uptempo passages where the cymbals have a kind of splashy quality (like at the end of "Cut The Flowers"), this thing sounds freakin' amazing. There are parts where Bruce's acoustic guitar is panned out somewhere between the front & rear speakers and there's this almost-holographic quality, like it's being played live in your room. The drums & bass sound super-clean and punchy as well.

I do wish there was a bit more to the visual component, like maybe a dynamic slideshow instead of just one still image per song (like on the Jethro Tull releases), but the audio is just awesome.

This solo tour was a pretty low-budget affair - the band drove themselves to each gig by van, and there was no support crew. So it's unrealistic to expect they'd have the funds to film a show. I'm thrilled just to have the audio.

Seeing as the CD/DVD set is now sold out, a 5.1 FLAC release is likely forthcoming.

This solo tour was a pretty low-budget affair - the band drove themselves to each gig by van, and there was no support crew. So it's unrealistic to expect they'd have the funds to film a show. I'm thrilled just to have the audio.
I know. I saw him in Madrid. But I think in the description they should have warned that it was only audio

The back of the jacket, BTW, lists two songs as being #5. The song order is correct and there are 17 songs in all, but the miscount leads to song #17 being listed incorrectly as #16 on the jacket. Unless there’s another batch released, I don’t see this being corrected in the future(especially given the fact that copies of this run were personally signed by Bruce). Anyway, it’s an excellent DVD and a fun surround mix.

Back