DTS-CD Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ArmyOfQuad

I recently bought a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card. It has 4 inputs. I've had no luck getting them to all work at the same time, though. I think my problem is that the card didn't come with any software that allows this, but I recall someone saying on the old quadraphonic group that they've used this card to do transfers. Since the card came with no software, I did attempt to use the free version of pro-tools, but it would only let me select 2 inputs, it's not seeing the other 2. If it weren't for the fact that someone said they did conversions with this card, I would think it's not capable of using the 4 inputs at once. Anyone know how to use this card?

Thanks for that link, that did the trick. All I needed to do was get a copy of cool edit pro, and I was all set. I got my first transfer done today of my BTO-II Q8. I think it came out really great. My only flaw is I didn't bother to fade between tracks, mainly because I was feeling lazy, but I really wasn't too motivated to do so because a quiet hiss between tracks doesn't bother me, and I recall hearing that silence on a DTS disc causes problems with some decoders, so I figured I'd just leave it as is. I'd really love to get some feedback on how my transfer sounds, so anyone interested in a copy send their address to [email protected], and I'll send you out a copy. Thanks.

I haven't forgotten about sending this transfer to those of you who contacted me. Sorry it's been so long, I got caught up with things and forgot about conversions and such, but I still have your emails and plan to get those copies out this week.

I recall hearing that silence on a DTS disc causes problems with some decoders

Silence isn't a problem I use encode silence in the begining to let slow detectors get a signal to bite on to! My Millenium 246 is super fast at detecting the signal and has no problem! Make sure you encode the whole thing as on wave and break it at even times when burnig it and you'll have no pops or gaps and a smooth gapless signal on play back use 75 frames per second in Cool Edit, and end them on the end of the nearest 74.999 frame before the next full second starts that will give you a full frame, as it starts at 0 and goes to 75 giving you a full frame !
Rob

I just want to apologize to all those who requested CDs. I ended up getting busy and completely forgetting about transfers or stuff like that for a while. And now I'm really not that sure the transfers I've done are worthwhile copying and sending out just quite yet. I want to have some work done on my Q8 deck for starters. I notice a difference in sound quality between different channels, and a low level ground hum. Other then that it's a really nice deck, a Harmon Kardon, so I suppose with a little work it'll make a nice deck for transfers. Anyways, I'll keep you posted, and when I do a transfer worthy of listening to, I'll let you all know.

Back