UMG's HFPA "Digital Downloads".........

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Maybe it is just me, but..........what would you honestly think if you saw this:
HFPA.jpg

I have to confess that I was expecting to get the same as I got with the Tom Petty "Damn The Torpedoes" disc, and have FLAC in High Resolution,
After all, it does seem to imply this.
What I did *not* expect to see was MP3 though.
Makes me wonder what on earth Universal were thinking with this - talk about bloody pointless.

Even more bizarre is that they are all made in France by the same people for next to nothing, cost $15 in the US and £18 here. That's almost double.

bah! the whole things a buggered up load of old bollocks! I've cooled right off from buying anymore HFPA's until I know more about what's actually going on with each release re: mastering, DRC, 5.1, etc..

for every great HFPA there's another half dozen that really aren't much cop at all, it's been an expensive business being a guinea pig and ending up with about a dozen HFPA's I'll probably never play again cos they're just nothing special soundwise, that aren't worth anything on the 2nd hand market (since I paid full whack when they first came out in France and now you can get them all for a tenner as you say).. I'd rather spend the money on OOP SACDs & DVD-A's, at least I know what I'm in for with most of them! rant over :D

Back