Dual Disc Upcoming Oasis album - Don't Believe The Truth (DualDisc) - Any multichannel?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I just noticed over at the Sony store that there will be a DualDisc release of this album in addition to a standard CD release. I couldn't tell if there was supposed to be any surround mixes on the DualDisc or not. Does anyone know? If so, I'll probably have to buy both versions.

No multi-channel support on that one. It is confirmed for just LPCM on the Sony Dualdisc site. The only release coming out with 5.1 after tomorrow scheduled is John Mayer's disc.

Oops, the Sony site is showing information for the release of Definately Maybe, not the new one. My fault. No data on the new one yet.

Thanks, guys. Well... I guess we'll see.

If it does get released in multichannel I hope the 5.1 mix is a little better than the one found on the (What the Story) Morning Glory SACD. Although there just might not be enough there to make an impressive 5.1 mix if Oasis keeps stripping down their music. "Heathen" was supposed to be better than the supposed failure of "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants" and that was supposed to be better than the supposed failure they made in "Be Here Now". But frankly I think both "SOTSOG" and "Be Here Now" are excellent albums that would benefit from a surround mix. "Heathen" on the other hand might be too stripped down and I thought was a bit of a musical disappointment though it was still enjoyable. So I guess we'll see which route the new album takes us.

Back