Vinyl storage/display

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
On a big forum like this that's been around for years, I'm pretty sure this has been a topic at one time or another. Now, finding that info is another story...

I'm struggling to figure out how to store/display my vinyl. At the moment, I really don't have a lot....100 or so. I would prefer them to be in a sort of bin that allows me to easily flip through them for easy finding. I guess that means for me, would be best if I can see the front cover as my eyes are not the best and relying on reading the edge of the cover (sideways) would not be my preference...but I guess I'm open.

Would I be OK with a crate on the floor? Maybe? I don't have TONS of room, so that's a consideration. I see a couple crates on Amazon, but not sure about that. I'm surprised there is not a website that has a LOT of choices...and no I don't mean some $700 piece of furniture...don't think I want to spend that kind of money...

Thanks my good friends... :)

I use crates on shelves, crates stacked up opening sideways, and just plain shelves. It is easier to see them and flip through with a crate open side up. They are getting harder to find, but original fruit crates (sometimes nails need to be pounded back into place) are often a better deal than retail ones. I check antique malls, flea markets, etc.

That is one of my biggest problems too, GOS...
My LP collection has gone beyond critical mass and my DVD-A /SACD, BD AND Box Sets are overflowin'
The thing is ...you can get a lot of storage solutions, but...I have nowhere to put them!!!!!
I feel like that famous George Carlin skit...gonna have to find a BIGGER house to put all our stuff!!!!!

BEWARE!! These things are like rabbits, IF you know what I mean. I started with just a handful of LP's in the early 60's. They have multiplied to over 5000 today. I've tried to keep them separated, but I quickly ran out of rooms. They have two rooms of their own. Digital discs are just as bad! They've grown to over 15,000.

My recommendation is to put each album in its' own condom, regardless of format. Otherwise, you'll go broke storing and feeding them.

BEWARE!! These things are like rabbits, IF you know what I mean. I started with just a handful of LP's in the early 60's. They have multiplied to over 5000 today. I've tried to keep them separated, but I quickly ran out of rooms. They have two rooms of their own. Digital discs are just as bad! They've grown to over 15,000.

My recommendation is to put each album in its' own condom, regardless of format. Otherwise, you'll go broke storing and feeding them.

LOL!!!!
Is there a Quad Anonymous group?

My stuff is overflowin' from a bunch of of Ikea's "Sten"s (they don't make them anymore-still, they make a cheaper version now...)

I keep my books in cheapo DEM (did 'em myself) furniture similar to these. They do their job.

shelves.jpg

Of course my Lps are in custom-made fine wooden furniture.

Who cares? I belong to a QUAD UNANIMOUS group! It's a habit! I used to shoot up with a Shibata tip, now I do it with a laser!

LOL!!!!!!!!!

You big junkie (takes one to know one I always say!)

Well, I shoot up with my "almost Shibata" Ortofon and four lasers (CD, LD, DVD and BD!)

Back