HiRez Poll Washington, Grover - WINELIGHT [DVD-A/SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of Grover Washington - WINELIGHT

• Total voters
I never heard the original surround on DVD-A. The SACD version is a knock it out of the park hit to me.
Everything locked into one speaker really does it for this material. Scheiner did a great job. 10 from me.

wow.. i'd never sat down and compared the two but i think Jon and Mike (LK) were right! a quick flick back and forth of the title track and the SACD does seem to sound better than the files i'd ripped from my old DVD-A (albeit quieter).. maybe the SACD is an "11" after all.!? must run the SACD thru the computermabob when i get the chance and 'see' what i'm hearing! :p what a mix.. woo!! :QQlove

edit: since posting on listening impressions alone, cranked up Audacity and racked up trk 01 (title track) of the AF SACD vs the same on the DVD-A.. and got the shock of my life!! i will post back with a pic when i get back on the computer (which should explain my shock/horror!!) :eek:

Last edited:
meant to add these the other night..

Title track 5.1 DVD-A

CBtPDsa.jpeg

Title track 5.1 SACD

HHCw5U2.jpeg

Listening to the DVD-A it is apparent that both the surround and stereo mixes have a different edit of Just The Two Of Us than the original album. Does the stereo mix on the SACD retain the original edit? The DVD-A stereo mix appears to be the same as the (UK) 12", but both edits appear to be pretty much the same length.

LP: intro, vs, ch, vs, ch, sax bridge, then @ 2:20 kick drum then "Just the two of us" female vox steel drum section. 12": Same, then @2:20, snare & kick fill and female vox/steel drum section.

Back