what happens in NOLA, STAYS in NOLA!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
well, a very dear friend from HIGH school (1979!) visited me this last weekend -took him to the airport earlier today-and I took him to a Saturday night "special double header" to show him the BEST of the musical polar opposites in NOLA:
-Preservation Hall band at 6:15 PM show
-the legendary Little Freddie King at the dba club in Frenchman's street at 10 PM...

the funniest part was that when the Preservation Hall introduced us to "Phil The Bucket"(tips) I was about to get up to put a few bills in there when I saw that this skinny blonde girl wearing a short black velvet skirt dress was putting several $20s in the till in a very cute way and I thought "well, somebody with a personality was being very gratious with the band, cool" and when she turned around I suddenly realized it was ...Taylor Swift!!!! cause she basically walked an inch past me...well, whaddayaknow???? cool...

Well, it was a great night and Little Freddie King played a wonderful set, and he didn't break a sweat...and he's 80 years old!...it was an incredible evening!

So, here is the great Shannon Powell (drums and overall MC) .. that's me to the right...
PH.jpg

and here is the Legendary Little Freddie King wearing an awesome suit , hat AND some beautiful RED SHOES!...he even played "Boogie Chillun'"!!!
LFKing.jpg

And THAT is NOLA, boys and girls....!

Sounds like so much fun! Great Pictures. I did not realize that you were in New Orleans. I grew up between N.O. and Morgan City. Were you living in N.O. when Record Ron's was open in the Quarter? My time in N.O. was spent between Record Ron's, Werlein's music on Canal, and of course Tower Records.

well, a very dear friend from HIGH school (1979!) visited me this last weekend -took him to the airport earlier today-and I took him to a Saturday night "special double header" to show him the BEST of the musical polar opposites in NOLA:
-the legendary Little Freddie King at the dba club in Frenchman's street at 10 PM...

the funniest part was that when the Preservation Hall introduced us to "Phil The Bucket"(tips) I was about to get up to put a few bills in there when I saw that this skinny blonde girl wearing a short black velvet skirt dress was putting several $20s in the till in a very cute way and I thought "well, somebody with a personality was being very gratious with the band, cool" and when she turned around I suddenly realized it was ...Taylor Swift!!!! cause she basically walked an inch past me...well, whaddayaknow???? cool...

Well, it was a great night and Little Freddie King played a wonderful set, and he didn't break a sweat...and he's 80 years old!...it was an incredible evening!

So, here is the great Shannon Powell (drums and overall MC) .. that's me to the right...
View attachment 86219

and here is the Legendary Little Freddie King wearing an awesome suit , hat AND some beautiful RED SHOES!...he even played "Boogie Chillun'"!!!
View attachment 86221

If you and GOS post up a photo from NOLA raising a cold frothy one; Iā€™ll promise to frame it and hang it on my Quad room wall!

Sounds like so much fun! Great Pictures. I did not realize that you were in New Orleans. I grew up between N.O. and Morgan City. Were you living in N.O. when Record Ron's was open in the Quarter? My time in N.O. was spent between Record Ron's, Werlein's music on Canal, and of course Tower Records.
I just moved here in August 2019, and on top of that it has been PANDEMIC TIME so I have not been able to see that muchā€¦hell, I just went to CafĆ© du Monde for coffee and beignets for the first time this last Friday!

View attachment 86219

View attachment 86221

thats cool on all fronts !! any pics with Taylor ?

View attachment 86247
She looks EXACTLY like in the pics and vids -I have seen many an artist who do NOT look the same in person...she tall and VERY skinny!.. and she smells really good!!!
Iā€™m sure she does. Smell good that is. I wouldnā€™t mind finding out for myself if you get my drift šŸ˜‰. Iā€™m sure you will be telling the story 30 years from now. Your big brush with fame!

A lot better than mine....I was at my co-workers kegger one night some 35 years ago. I had done some strong L$D, and ended up talking with this guy at 2:00 AM as the party winded down. During our furtive conversation, due to my state, he blurted out that he was married to Olivia Newton John. He wasnā€™t lying.

Back