Oppo lens cleaning instructions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for those interested.
Got in touch with Oppo service and they replied overnight saying it would be about $60 plus shipping which is very reasonable. Asked them if they could send me instructions to clean the lens. They said that it probably wouldn't be the lens since the unit is fairly old but they told me it would be pretty straightforward; opening up the unit and cleaning the lens with alcohol.

Opened the unit, and the top of the disc mechanism, found a white "strand" which looked thinner than any human hairs and cleaned the tray and underneath the mechanism as best as I could.

Plugged it in , played an SACD and at first try it spit it out again but I tried again and it worked...put a couple of other discs and it worked again.

Good to know Oppo is still repairing units, though...

Just for those interested.
Got in touch with Oppo service and they replied overnight saying it would be about $60 plus shipping which is very reasonable. Asked them if they could send me instructions to clean the lens. They said that it probably wouldn't be the lens since the unit is fairly old but they told me it would be pretty straightforward; opening up the unit and cleaning the lens with alcohol.

Opened the unit, and the top of the disc mechanism, found a white "strand" which looked thinner than any human hairs and cleaned the tray and underneath the mechanism as best as I could.

Plugged it in , played an SACD and at first try it spit it out again but I tried again and it worked...put a couple of other discs and it worked again.

Good to know Oppo is still repairing units, though...
Great to hear from you KAP ....it's been awhile! Yes, OPPO's repair team is second to NONE!

I've had to clean the lens on one of my Oppo's....in my case it was skipping. I took the cover off the lens and cleaned with 91% Alcohol. Fixed.
But yeah, the folks in Menlo Park are excellent.
My first and oldest Oppo is a DV-970HD. I don't really use it anymore, but a few years ago I unboxed it and when it wouldn't play a disc, I sent it off and they had it back on it's way to me the same day.

Back