What's left on the market for 5.1 car audio head units?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I'm considering retiring the ol' Quadraphonic Tiburon, but don't want to give up my surround sound. New car will have room for a double-din , possibly even a full screen in the dash. Is there anything still available that can play DVD-A/V, SACD and DTS?

I've often wondered why Oppo (who had the smart vision in the early days of Bluray to market a universal BR player, when all other companies dropped universal players, and wound up on top as a result) never came out with a universal player for the car?

I've often wondered why Oppo (who had the smart vision in the early days of Bluray to market a universal BR player, when all other companies dropped universal players, and wound up on top as a result) never came out with a universal player for the car?

Oppo still could do that. Perhaps there wasn't the consumer interest and demand for an Oppo Car Unit. I've never heard them mention it when it comes to product plans.
But a 4K Blu-Ray/Universal Player is definitely planned from Oppo.

Back