What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link, never heard of that place, looks good at first glance, will have a good look later on 👍
It’s a shame you are only asking now as they had the first Elton John title and also Mad Man Across The Water SACD’s on sale for the same price until recently. Well worth keeping an eye on their stock of all surround sound music.m and when the EJ titles hopefully are available again.

I’ve bought from them previously and would recommend them.

Just found a bon jovi- this left is right -surround sacd. I never saw it for sale anywhere during the time I was buying these in mass in the early 2000's. I don't even remember seeing it on ebay either. I also picked up a copy of stings brand new day sacd 5.1. Both of these came from a goodwill. There were also a couple of dvda 5.1's which I snagged -of course! In my 30 plus years of buying music out of thrift stores and pawn shops, I only encountered one other surround disc and it was a Elliot sheiner dvda sampler which had a cut from kamakiriad on it.Lucky day. The bon jovi is quickly turning into one of my favorite discs!

SACD 1-9-23.jpg

Allison Moorer - Show
Mark Knopfler - Sailing To Philadelphia
Dredg - El Cielo
Groove Armada - Lovebox
Groove Armada - Vertigo
Indigo Girls - All That We Let In

View attachment 87200

Allison Moorer - Show
Mark Knopfler - Sailing To Philadelphia
Dredg - El Cielo
Groove Armada - Lovebox
Groove Armada - Vertigo
Indigo Girls - All That We Let In
whoa, those Groove Armada's are a great catch, would love to know where you picked them at a decent price?

It’s a shame you are only asking now as they had the first Elton John title and also Mad Man Across The Water SACD’s on sale for the same price until recently. Well worth keeping an eye on their stock of all surround sound music.m and when the EJ titles hopefully are available again.

I’ve bought from them previously and would recommend them.
If anyone is interested, all these three Elton John hybrid SACD's are currently in stock and priced at £9.71 on WowHD in the UK. Eric Clapton's 'Slowhand' is similarly priced as well. These are real bargains IMO.

If anyone is interested, all these three Elton John hybrid SACD's are currently in stock and priced at £9.71 on WowHD in the UK. Eric Clapton's 'Slowhand' is similarly priced as well. These are real bargains IMO.
I had madman and tumbleweed, I just bought EJ and EC, thanks for the heads up 👍

Thanks for the tip, I ordered Tumbleweed, Madman & Slowhand, the prices do have VAT added on to them but still bargains, hell of a job getting the site to believe I was in the UK and not the US considering it's supposedly a UK site.

Thanks for the tip, I ordered Tumbleweed, Madman & Slowhand, the prices do have VAT added on to them but still bargains, hell of a job getting the site to believe I was in the UK and not the US considering it's supposedly a UK site.
I had a different problem, it asked for my postcode then house number, easy peasy, then it says it couldn’t verify my address, I double checked and it had put a comma after the number! I removed the comma and all was fine but their mistake, weird. No p&p was a big bonus after paying vat on the stated prices

I had a different problem, it asked for my postcode then house number, easy peasy, then it says it couldn’t verify my address, I double checked and it had put a comma after the number! I removed the comma and all was fine but their mistake, weird. No p&p was a big bonus after paying vat on the stated prices
I had a similar problem but it did suggest an address that it did recognise which I accepted.

OK, so I ordered from WOWHD believing they were a UK company because the site was a .co.uk site, after following the tracking number they are shipping from the US, so I may get hit by import taxes which will wipe out any benefits I thought I was getting from the low prices. We shall see.
I’ve not had any import taxes being applied when I’ve purchased from them previously. My order was for around £40. I have another order in flight currently.

VAT was added however as they seem to use a UK registered business based here:

VAT Registration # 822 6093 41
Alliance Entertainment, LLC
34 Buckfast Avenue
Bedford, MK41 8RG
UK

Back