Which stores did you buy SACDs/DVD-As from in the "good old days" ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember picking up an SACD copy of John Hiatt's Master of Disaster at Borders, and the DVD-A of Rumours from Hastings (it was filed under their musical DVDs section.) About all my other purchases were online.

I remember seeing some DVD-A's in Tower Records, Boston, which was my fleeting introduction to digital surround. My first ever purchase, an SACD, was probably from Circuit City.

I didn't get into surround seriously until 2011, around the time of the second swell in surround releases. Bullmoose Music has been my default source for almost all of my digital surround, and non-surround for that matter. Multiple locations fairly close to one another is great for the experience some of you mention: hitting up stores and scouring stacks for overlooked finds. I went into one last weekend for only the used LP's (picked up Joan Baez Diamonds & Dust CD-4 in tip-top shape for only 97 cents), and came out with an unexpected stack of surround SACD's and DVD-A's.

Got a lot of mine at Best Buy, Borders and local indie record stores. Favorite indie store was Offbeat Music in Durham (they closed a few years back). I remember when the local Borders was going under I combed through their stock and found all sorts of SACDs and DVD-A's for 1/2 off or more. Damn Nook!

Back