Did Snood do Good? - Marantz 7.2 and 7.1 receivers SR6007 & SR5006

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question being do me really need an PreAmp? Speakers are not gonna be mega mainly nice bookshelf and sub....so thinking no maybe?

No, you don't need a preamp if you plan on using your new Marantz. An AVR (Audio/Video Receiver) is a combination of several different components: A preamp, processor, and amplifier. Some people use seperate components for each, but the whole point of having an AVR like your Marantz is that it's all self contained. It also likely has plently of power to adequately run all but the most demandingly power hungry speakers, especially if you use bass management and have a decent sub(s).

If it doesn't have a phono input and Snood has a turntable, he will need a pre amp to get it up to line level. Sounded like Snood has some vinyl, but I may be wrongo. Get a Shiit Audio "Mani" if you need one....great reviews and only $120.

If it doesn't have a phono input and Snood has a turntable, he will need a pre amp to get it up to line level. Sounded like Snood has some vinyl, but I may be wrongo. Get a Shiit Audio "Mani" if you need one....great reviews and only $120.
...noticed the 5006 might not have a phono input but could be wrong...but the 6007 specifically has it on the back inputs listed.

The 6007 also has a bit more power, more options and features, and is more high-end and newer than the 5006 I believe, plus yes, it also has phono inputs:
6007.jpg

Dayum! I see one of everything except a cigar lighter.

Well done Snood!
Did you notice it also has two HDMI outputs? You could have one going out to a regular tv and the other out to a projector or such. Pretty handy. (y)

Oh, and the cigar lighter is in the front fold-down panel for easier access. ;) :ROFLMAO:

No, you don't need a preamp if you plan on using your new Marantz. An AVR (Audio/Video Receiver) is a combination of several different components: A preamp, processor, and amplifier. Some people use seperate components for each, but the whole point of having an AVR like your Marantz is that it's all self contained. It also likely has plently of power to adequately run all but the most demandingly power hungry speakers, especially if you use bass management and have a decent sub(s).

Thank you Froggy, yeah Snood gotz some vinyl - on the 5006 did not see a phono so was like hmmmmm - but yep 6007 all goooooooood :LB:dance:LB

Hey Snooopid question to go along with this - The Yacht Rock Garage/Tent guy only had one power cord for the 2 Marantz and it powered both units

So I need another power cord - guess for the 5006 - maybe the 6007 who knows lol :unsure: does it make a difference - if they power up?

and if me get another, all me finding is generic cords 6 or 10 ft that say they are for 6007 on Ebay or Amazon - is this gonna be ok?? Chime in pleaaaaaase

:unsure::SB:unsure:

Hey Snooopid question to go along with this - The Yacht Rock Garage/Tent guy only had one power cord for the 2 Marantz and it powered both units

So I need another power cord - guess for the 5006 - maybe the 6007 who knows lol :unsure: does it make a difference - if they power up?

and if me get another, all me finding is generic cords 6 or 10 ft that say they are for 6007 on Ebay or Amazon - is this gonna be ok?? Chime in pleaaaaaase

:unsure::SB:unsure:

Are they the three pronged power cords or two pronged? I like Shunyata Research power cords from Music Direct ........ they DO make a difference! https://www.musicdirect.com/cables/Shunyata-Venom-14-Power-Cable

Another option: https://www.musicdirect.com/cables/Shunyata-Alpha-NR-Noise-Reducing-Power-Cable [JUST KIDDING]

Last edited:
Nah 2 Prong into unit.........and 3 prong into wall.......dont want to go too much moola into cord - just wondering if a generic will make a major difference. Just seems like a power cord lol :unsure:

Bought the thingy for 40 bux so dont really wanna go too deep with a cord :geek:

Nah 2 Prong into unit.........and 3 prong into wall.......dont want to go too much moola into cord - just wondering if a generic will make a major difference. Just seems like a power cord lol :unsure:

Bought the thingy for 40 bux so dont really wanna go too deep with a cord :geek:

Any power cord will do, Snood.

I'm the wrong person to ask because I'm a fanatic about power cords and conditioners. Anyone who doesn't think they make a difference [sometimes DRAMATIC] hasn't taken the plunge.

Monoprice for power cords. Snake oil cords are overrated. That’s why I use Transparent Audio, PS Audio and Audioquest Power Cords. :LOL:

I love those pricey thick power cords and so do my components. I'm a power cord/conditioner junkie and truth be told, my system has never sounded better. And I wish for non believers that it WAS a placebo effect....but sadly, it's NOT.

I mainly use the cords from those known brand name companies but I have purchased the 14/3 power cords from Monoprice. They’re very good for cheapos and carry plenty of current.

Perp, they ALL carry 'plenty' of current .... that's what power cords do......but it's HOW they carry that current because where I live [in New work] the power sucks and needs to be 'conditioned'.......like frizzy hair [which I don't have].

Back