Why no SACD list?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess when QQ was initiated, there weren't web resource for DVD-Audio format.
in provided link you can see "Home Page" with links to web-resources related to QQ
community purpose in right column.
there are link to SA-CD.net which exist forever. well, at least since 2003 :)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/content.php

To be perfectly honest, I did the DVD-A less because there were far fewer of them! :)

Also, with sacd.net, there really wasn't a reason to do so. Also, where do you draw the line with SACDs? There are so many obsucre titles from all over the world, trying to replicate sacd.net would be a waste of time.

The QQ DVD-A list was done way before the dvd-a.info site, and at the time of its first viewing was the only thing like it on the internet.

The only distain for the SACD format from QQ is that Sony bailed on it just as it was coming into its own, but I'm not starting that tirade again! :)

Well, now that I have a quad system up and running, I'm going to have to get myself some more SACDs and even DVD-As, I think. Looking for a list of the good classic rock albums... and a place that sells them cheaply :p

Charles.

Look at the prices for them on Ebay and you will soon shed the notion of getting any "cheaply". Desirable DVD-A and SACDs of classic rock albums were "mainly" issued between the years 2000-2007, they have not been available at retail sources for several years now. That said, there are a few that seem to be released each year still, (ELP, King Crimson, Wish You Were Here) and I'd get those before they join the ranks of the unobtainium discs....unless you don't mind spending $100 for a disc that originally cost $20. I don't mean to be a "bubble burster", you can sometimes stumble upon a desirable disc in combing the used CD stores. There are a couple of the early release DVD-As I'd still like to get but I'm not holding out much hope, unless I desired to trade away the copy of my E. Power Biggs SACD I bought for $12.....but then I see that $314 Asking Price copy on Ebay and figure its doing much better than my 401K. John

This is my favorite version of Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor:

[video=youtube;hmTG9wTfrzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmTG9wTfrzk[/video]

I'm amazed that A: It sounds just like a pipe organ, and B: All that music came from one instrument.

Charles.

That's the baby...great disc, but ridiculous prices now. I'd have liked to seen an E. Powers vs. Virgil Fox smack down organ bout.

Oh yes, what an event that would have been. What would I have paid for a ticket...

And ChopperCharles, that Accordion is quite an instrument. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Back