Wish you Were Here-Quad ..Jugoton LSHV-73032??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjc

The always dangerous first post... Anyway, I recently acquired an SQ receiver off of EBAY and have been scouring the QUAD Discography at: http://personal.riverusers.com/~manderso/quaddisc/quadQVP.htm

Under "Wish You Were Here", it lists the Jugotron LSHV-73032 as being Quad. Does anyone know anything about this pressing? Was it really SQ? Were there stereo pressings with the same catalog number?

Just curious, I am looking to obtain a Wish You Were Here more for listening "fun" as opposed to collectibillity and thought this might be a cheaper way to go...

Thanks...

steve

Hi Steve,

Fear not the "first post". This place is fairly civil.

To be honest with you, I have never seen that LP come up on eBay in the last 6 years, and if it did, I am sure there are a few folks here that would "go to the mattress" to snag it.

The US copies seem to have been going for "reasonable" prices lately (i.e. less than $100), the UK copies for more.

You might want to find a DTS conversion!

Anyone else have any ideas for Steve?

:-jon

JonUrban said:
Hi Steve,

The US copies seem to have been going for "reasonable" prices lately (i.e. less than $100), the UK copies for more.
:-jon

not to say that both will sounds decisely better than any Yugo LP: the quality of vinyl on all Yugo LP i had (and Italy borders with former Yugo, so there was plenty of them circulating everywhere in the past) was from mediocre to really bad.

Decisely better to go for a dts conversion.

It is a terrible pressing, and I think it was on red vinyl. I'm not sure about the color, but I'm sure it sounds NOISY.

Thanks for the info... I have seen some of the US copies for sale in VG condition for around $100 on the net... I may hold off a bit and play with the easier to find quad titles for a while. This probably should be a separate thread, but does anyone know any history or age information on the Sony SQ receiver I picked up? It is a SQR 6650. I did a google search and didn't find that much... Thanks again....steve

quadwreck said:
It is a terrible pressing, and I think it was on red vinyl. I'm not sure about the color, but I'm sure it sounds NOISY.
Jugoton red? Usually was Suzy that pressed SQ albums in red vinyl - for example, Janis Joplin Pearl and many others, all from Columbia/CBS vaults. Jugoton used ordinary black even for quads, DSOTM for example is a Jugoton that shows often on ebay.

winopener said:
Jugoton red? Usually was Suzy that pressed SQ albums in red vinyl - for example, Janis Joplin Pearl and many others, all from Columbia/CBS vaults. Jugoton used ordinary black even for quads, DSOTM for example is a Jugoton that shows often on ebay.
That's right. It's been a long time.

Back