HiRez Poll Yacht - CHAIN TRIPPING [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Yacht - Chain Tripping

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2019 release from Yacht entitled "Chain Tripping".
The Blu-Ray disc contains a Dolby Atmos mix of the album by Jurgen Scharpf & Luke Argilla.

The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers:

R-14535838-1576552273-5024.jpg R-14535838-1576552280-3052.jpg

R-14535838-1576552285-5252.jpg

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...lby-atmos-blu-ray-9-06-19-release-date.27020/

Well this is handy as the poll has gone up as I'm currently listening to the album... 😀

And I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it... The Atmos mix is really good! Gives all the speakers a full workout with clever placement that envelopes you into the music. A demo worthy mix for sure.

And regarding the music, I really like it... I've never heard of YACHT before, but l'm liking what I hear. It's certainly not yacht rock! More electro something or something... Kinda sounds like a spiky modern Flaming Lips in parts to me?

I compared it to The Yello Point Atmos release in the pre release thread because the mix kinda has the same great feel to it, but the music is quite different really. This is better. They do both have blue and black album covers though, so that's something to bear in mind. 😉

Swaying between a 9 or a 10, but think I'll go with a 10...

Well this is handy as the poll has gone up as I'm currently listening to the album... 😀

And I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it... The Atmos mix is really good! Gives all the speakers a full workout with clever placement that envelopes you into the music. A demo worthy mix for sure.

And regarding the music, I really like it... I've never heard of YACHT before, but l'm liking what I hear. It's certainly not yacht rock! More electro something or something... Kinda sounds like a spiky modern Flaming Lips in parts to me?

I compared it to The Yello Point Atmos release in the pre release thread because the mix kinda has the same great feel to it, but the music is quite different really. This is better. They do both have blue and black album covers though, so that's something to bear in mind. 😉

Swaying between a 9 or a 10, but think I'll go with a 10...
weirdly i've never been able to get it to play in Atmos on Apple Music 🤷🏻‍♀️ but the disc was ok last time i gave it a spin 🤩

Back