Yes - Close To The Edge on Hybrid SACD!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffty

Amazon.com has a brand new "Close to the Edge" SACD by Yes available 12/18/12 for $25.50 USD. I'm unsure if it's a multi-channel mix or just stereo but it's good news albeit somewhat expensive but good to see. Can anyone answer whether it's surround or not?

Amazon.com has a brand new "Close to the Edge" SACD by Yes available 12/18/12 for $25.50 USD. I'm unsure if it's a multi-channel mix or just stereo but it's good news albeit somewhat expensive but good to see. Can anyone answer whether it's surround or not?

couldn't find it, got a link?

I'd love to have a MC release of CTTE. Still, I'm very excited about this upcoming SACD. I have the Fragile vinyl LP mastered by Hoffman and it sounds terrific.

That's one I don't have and want. The older stuff they did was the best anyway.As long as it's HR. I bought sunken condos and sold it, I'll get the HR download at Hd tracks. I've become way too demanding after listening to HR music.

Should this be moved to the non-surround section of the forum to save any confusion this is a multi Channel disc?

caveat emptor when dealing with importcds.com on preorders. I had preordered the ELP Deluxe sets, and my order was still listed on their site. When I emailed them as to when I can expect delivery, I received the following from their customer service:

Since this order reached 30 days old before we received stock on this item,our system automatically canceled the rest of this order. You did notreceive notice of this since our system cannot be directly connected to thewebsite. This makes it so that the website is not updated and therefore doesnot send out an automatic update to you. We are very sorry about this but inorder to receive this item you will need to reorder it. If the item pricehas increased since your last order we will refund you for the difference.Also, we can issue you a refund for the handling fee on the order if this isthe only item you need to order at this time. All you need to do is email usthe old and new order numbers clearly marked. Please let us know if you haveany further questions.

From Steve Hoffman's Twitter:

@SteveHoffmanTV: I'm about to remaster YES "Going For The One" for Audio Fidelity SACD hybrid. I promise I'll find the bass. No worries!

Last edited:
Going for the One is the last Yes album I liked. Hearing a good hi-res remaster will be nice but yeah, 5.1 would be even better.

Well..I don't like SH and I'm not willing to give him any money (sorry)...
For the real experience I suggest the MFSL LP. I have it and it's the best I've heard.

Even though I found out that SOME SACDs actually DO go above 20-23K (see the Tomita thread), I'd buy it if someone else did it....

Back