What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elton John - Madman across the water SACD (completes Elton John SACD collection)

Last edited:
Thanks to QQ swap meting and a QQ buddy from the USA I now own a brand new copy of

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust (MC SACD)

Markus

Vivaldi: L'estro Armonico, Op. 3, Vol. 1: Concertos No. 1-6 + Vol. 2: Concertos Nos. 7-12 (DVD Audio)

One item from the B&N 40% off classical sale, a single layer Sony. Very good deal, and surprised some of these are still left after being OOP for so long.

I also had a 15% off coupon I needed to use by today.

Attachments

• copland_sacd.jpg
    copland_sacd.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 120
Graham Nash - Songs for Beginners - DVD-A - This completes my CSN&Y 5.1 collection....

It is getting hard to remember with all these new sacd/blu-ray/dvd releases coming, but this week the Pink Floyd WYWH box and the Jethro Tull Aqualung box...both are fantastic!

Wish You Were Here SACD arrived today. Nic elittle package shaped like a book. Postcards with original artwork included. Better sounding than the other copies I've heard.

3 weeks ago: REM "Automatic For The People" DVD-A, nice sounding. And today: Wish You Were Here, SACD. Superb sound, amazing mix! It totally worth the waiting.

All new:

The Thorns - The Thorns (SACD)
Eleanor McEvoy - Yola (SACD)

Already have The Thorns on redbook with the bonus disc, and also have the Yola SACD but at $1.99 each sealed I couldn't resist.

DVD-A
Staind - 14 Shades of Grey
Everclear - So Much For the Afterglow
Zoe - Zoe

Don't much care for the above 3, might play the Everclear, but I figured they were worth $1.99 each just to get the smaller hinge DVD-A Super Jewel boxes in undamaged condition. Or perhaps I'll see what the value is in the Marketplace.

Well, courtesy of a friend whom I got a Spanish CD that was unavailable across the Atlantic, he sent me the "unoriginals" of the Talking Heads "Brick", even though I told him I already had "Remain in light" and "Speaking in tongues". Very interesting that these Dual Discs actually have Adv. Res. tracks.
Started with '77 and ...they sounded...HAPPY!!! ...a very different group from what it became....
He also sent me the Enigma DVD-V " A posteriori"...

And with some small scratch I managed to score very cheaply (less than 10 EUR) Björk's "Medulla" on DVD-A, which I already had on SACD....SO MUCH BETTER ON DVD_A!!!

Sorry to bitch again...but man, what REALLY BAD TIMING for me to get fired!!! I get so envious of you guys...with all of these PF "Immersion Boxes", "Aqualung" box sets....dammit!!! If only I could get them(especially my favorite: WYWH)...and I KNOW that by the time I get a job, they will all be out of print!!! (especially with my kind of luck...self pitying party over, sorry)

BUT ..there is light at the end of the tunnel..some GREAT QQ members have promised to send me some cool stuff!!! Thanks, dudes!

Today received In Step by Stevie Ray Vaughan SACD from Amazon. This was in my gold box so I got a good price on it and free shipping.

This is the first time I've heard this title. I think I like it better than Texas Flood and Couldn't Stand The Weather.

I don't currently have that last title in my collection having sold the JSACD.

Willie Nelson - Night and Day DVD-A. A nice, short, instrumental album with family and friends. Strange that I it took a while to find this one as it has been mentioned here in some earlier posts. It just fell off my radar for a while. Nice discrete gut string guitar picking without Willie's trademark vocal.

had a WTF moment while I was forced to be lying on my back for a whole week and ordered this, which I had on SADC already, but I'm getting the DVD-A versions of whatever was on SACD too...besides, it was cheap!!

Anybody interested on my SACD version?...

Elton John-GYBR (30th anniversary DVD-A) (Big DVD-A jewel Box)

...with an extra DVD-making of...bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back