What are the Rarest** MultiChannel SACDs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly one of the rarest is the Japanese version of the Genesis S/T SACD. Yes thats the "yellow" one. As the UK version is still available relatively cheap, its not such a big issue now, but expect a few shocker posts here in a few years.

Is there any Frank Zappa SACD?

No. But there were two DVD-A titles; Halloween - Live In NYC 1978 & Quaudiophiliac from his ongoing vault series. There were also two red book limited edition Au20 gold titles from around 1995; Apostrophe and
One Size Fits All. These might be hard to find, but do pop up on eBay, but none were all that rare.

Last edited:
I've got a DL multichannel SACD by Jacques Brel - Les Marquises that's very rare. Especially the DL version, there's also a SACD only version that was released a year later. Even Amazon doesn't list any used copies. eBay neither btw.

There's another one from him, also multichannel SACD that's already selling for over $280 in some places, but that's a compilation and not nearly as rare as the one I have. So I'm gonna sit on it a while and sell it when I need some cash. :)

Thr rolling stones in the box is around, just sooo $$$$$$$$$$$

Did you mean the Stones Box from Abkco's initial SACD series- Singles Collection-The London Years? Not that rare. expensive, but not that rare.

JMRosen, Solaris may be referring to the Stones SACD box: http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/1637 I wanted to buy it, but I already owned them all.

BTW, Rosen, you have a wonderful SACD collection. We have 56 in common. Guess which ones? lol! If you care to check it out, here's my SACD addiction: http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7517/1

I didn't think of that. 'in the box' so that makes sense. It this a paper cardboard holder? Anyone here have it? If I recall, it is not as bulky as the Columbia case for the Bob Dylan set.

56 well i'll see, wish I grabed the Dylan boxes when they were giving them away for free here, The broke a few boxes open and sold the disc individually. I picked up a DCD box set, unopened to sell, and i have all the discs (bought cheaper individually). So why have I not tried to sell it yet, that black velvet box calls out to me.

and yea the Remastered box set

Cheap Thrills by Big Brother & the Holding Company featuring Janis Joplin is available as a Multichannel SACD.
Haven't seen the album "Pearl" by Janis Joplin on an SACD.

It's out there. I cannot find it again, but I did see it once, perhaps on an asian site?
It was done in quad, (on DS site)

And, what's up with Spryro Gyra? It seems some have never heard of them. They are on MC sacd. I sent a copy to a member who is in CA, who never heard of them.
anyone else?

Does anyone collect film score / soundtracks ? I've just ordered Star Trek Nemisis - Jerry Goldsmith. I'm also interested in his " Timeline " score. Any other soundtracks ( by any composer ) that you could suggest ? Appreciate they're difficult to get hold of !! Thanks.

There are 5 Spyro Gyra's on SACD MC. They are all less than $30. I own them all. You can view them at: http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7517/17 (bottom of page.) While you're there, check out the rest of my collection, all 549. There are over 600, if you count box sets as individual titles. Many are rare. There are a few titles I own that SA-CD.net doesn't list. Dylan promos, etc.

And, what's up with Spryro Gyra? It seems some have never heard of them. They are on MC sacd. I sent a copy to a member who is in CA, who never heard of them.
anyone else?

Back