What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stash for the day:
View attachment 10563
Julieta Venegas Limon y Sal - DualDisc - Dolby Digital (Not bad for Dullby)- & thanks for bringing this to my attention Kap!!!
Roxy Music - Avalon - SACD (2nd copy)
George Harrison - Live In Japan - 2xSACD
Halfor Medboe Group - In Perpetuity - SACD
Mongo Santamaria - Live at Jazz Alley - SACD
Rockin' The Spirit Piano Blues, Boogie & Spirituals - SACD

:banana:

Time for a Corona (con Limon)

I really like Julieta's disc..great mix and..¡Salud!

Mark Reeder - Five Point One 2CD/DVD (Dolby Digital)
Poncho Sanchez - Out of Sight! - SACD

Queen - A Night At The Opera ( DVD-A )
Snow Patrol - Final Straw ( SACD ) The case is diabolical ! ( from zoverstocks ?? £12 Thankfully, just happen to have a replacement case. )

A Night At The Opera was one of my first DVD-A's (after the mistaken purchase of Bjork's Vespertine). I got the Parlophone DVD-A version at regular street price and treasure it greatly :)

£62. Failed Muso Rob was keeping an eye on proceedings! :phones

Yeah, I'd been watching that bastard for ages, laughing at the seller's audacity at his initial BIN price of £129.99, but even the £64.50 it eventually went for was too much IMHO. But a lesson to all those trying to profiteer, I guess. I'm still hoping my friend at ZTT can broker a new release for it, but it's all gone very quiet on that front :(

I live in hope of owning this disc one day, but I'm not prepared to pay stupid money for it, or any other release. Well.... not yet, anyway ;) My patience with Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' paid off (thanks to fredblue) so I'm sure I'll get lucky soon with Frankie (ooh er) ;)

A Night At The Opera was one of my first DVD-A's (after the mistaken purchase of Bjork's Vespertine). I got the Parlophone DVD-A version at regular street price and treasure it greatly :)

I listened to Queen a couple of times yesterday, different separation to 30th Anniversary Edition, if I recall correctly ?? If anything it's a bit more selective / reserved / subtle with it ?
Glad that I managed to get it, to go with " The Game "

I listened to Queen a couple of times yesterday, different separation to 30th Anniversary Edition, if I recall correctly ?? If anything it's a bit more selective / reserved / subtle with it ?
Glad that I managed to get it, to go with " The Game "

The Game is still on my 'WANT' list :)

I wish i'd known, Rob. The guy I bought ANATO from had a copy of The Game, and I put a bid in, but got beat at the last second. Sold for £17.70, but I wasn't too sure about bidding so high, seeing I already have a copy. ( better nick casewise, than mine. )
Will keep a look out for another copy....

I wish i'd known, Rob. The guy I bought ANATO from had a copy of The Game, and I put a bid in, but got beat at the last second. Sold for £17.70, but I wasn't too sure about bidding so high, seeing I already have a copy. ( better nick casewise, than mine. )
Will keep a look out for another copy....

Ah well, not to worry. And thanks for looking :)

Blue Bongo - oops I mean Conga Blue :D seems to be more pricey...

I like Out of Sight!....

Yes, both are good. Out of Sight is my favorite as well of those two.
Also, I'd suggest checking out some of the other Concord Jazz Surround SACDs - a number of good ones there !

Yeah - Just also got Mongo Santamaria - Live at Jazz Alley - not bad.... recommendations?

Just got this in the mail from a successful Ebay auction. Liking it so far.

61MIpwke0vL._SY300_.jpg

Good for you! I might have been a competing bidder on that one:(. I haven't heard this in surround so your opinion would be of great value.

"...Everybody play the gaaaaaaaaaaaame of love..!!"

I've had that DVD-A 10 years (since it came out basically) and it is still a demo disc (everybody loves Queen and most of the albums more accessible than ANATO).. the surround mix is incredible! I tend to forget about it and not play it much for my own pleasure these days, which is a shame.. but you must get it Rob, it's superb (and you can still find it for ok money if you go fishing and sit tight!).

on those songs where Freddie's voice has been mixed hard into the centre (not every track is mixed in that way on The Game DVD-A) try my favourite little game of turning everything off except the centre channel, turn up the wick, sit back and be prepared for your jaw to hit the floor when you hear his isolated vocals --- WOW!!!

Good for you! I might have been a competing bidder on that one:(. I haven't heard this in surround so your opinion would be of great value.

I was kicking myself because there was a Buy It Now Auction a month ago with this disc and it went for $29. I saw it before going to bed and thought "I'll just get it in the morning". Wake up...gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back