Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
makes me glad I still use older avr with analog inputs-

It's hard to find a reasonably priced pre-amp without correction but with analog video inputs these days. If I decide the trade-off of not being able to easily switch between different sources is too much, then I'll probably have to search for a used older preamp.

I DISAGREE. In a perfect world yes but with rooms and speakers being absolutely different I feel room correction is absolutely necessary.

Room Correction is really only necessary (sans Room Treatment) in the frequencies below approximately 250 Hz. Much less so and one can live without it in those higher frequencies.

It's hard to find a reasonably priced pre-amp without correction but with analog video inputs these days. If I decide the trade-off of not being able to easily switch between different sources is too much, then I'll probably have to search for a used older preamp.
It is easy to defeat Audyssey if you choose to and still have it when you think you want it.

I DISAGREE. In a perfect world yes but with rooms and speakers being absolutely different I feel room correction is absolutely necessary.

I'm just saying that most/all processors have to down sample, not that it might not be necessary to perform room correction--whether or not one likes the result is another matter entirely.

I'm just saying that most/all processors have to down sample, not that it might not be necessary to perform room correction--whether or not one likes the result is another matter entirely.

You cannot say most or all. It has to be one or the other.

Does anyone know how many RC systems that don't lower the resolution of the incoming signal when activated? I only know of one, MCACC. It sounds like, the processing that goes on inside the AVR, the more likely that particular Room Correction will down sample.

I know because I have a Marantz 8801 that has Audyssey XT32 and I've read up on it! I'd like to think that is some super high-end RC software that doesn't need to down sample.

Oh! I thought you knew by reading the Thread. Maybe, Audyssey may be the only Room Correction software that Down samples?.
Since this information is never voluntarily revealed, it is hard to know. However, Audyssey need not be downsampled. All that is needed is for the device manufacturer to provide sufficient DSP to do the job at the higher resolutions but that is costly.

I know because I have a Marantz 8801 that has Audyssey XT32 and I've read up on it! I'd like to think that is some super high-end RC software that doesn't need to down sample.
All 8801s, yours and mine, downsample to 24/48.

Back