What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Layla and Assorted Love Songs - 40th Anniversary boxset
Things didn't look good...it shipped from the UK in a burlap sack. Fortunately; the contents were pristine - everything in it's slot and all baubles included. And yes; the DVD is real and its spectacular!

If any of you missed out on Scheiner's surround treatment for Lynyrd Skynyrd DO NOT miss out on this one. Once you hear it you'll remember why you spent thousands on a decent surround system and the aggro over the years will disspate.

To Linda specifically; holy bongo Jerry. Cow bell is for pretenders and cults. Bongos all over my rear channels....

Layla and Assorted Love Songs - 40th Anniversary boxset
Things didn't look good...it shipped from the UK in a burlap sack. Fortunately; the contents were pristine - everything in it's slot and all baubles included. And yes; the DVD is real and its spectacular!

If any of you missed out on Scheiner's surround treatment for Lynyrd Skynyrd DO NOT miss out on this one. Once you hear it you'll remember why you spent thousands on a decent surround system and the aggro over the years will disspate.

To Linda specifically; holy bongo Jerry. Cow bell is for pretenders and cults. Bongos all over my rear channels....

Cow bell is for pretenders
more! more cowbell!

Hello again, fellow QQ'ers... been a while!

Just picked these little beauts up for considerably less than a tenner each :)

1002519_10151890454285499_1586928978_n.jpg

945192_10151890454900499_558009826_n.jpg

good to see you! are you playing for keeps? I like the Invisible Touch surround mixes but ouch they're bright mo-fo's! :p

Nice to be back! Been busy with lots of other things just lately such as restoring a Fairlight CMI that used to belong to Ian Stanley from Tears for Fears and travelling for work. Off to LA in 6 days!

Been keeping half an ear to the m/c audio world though. I've got Oldfield's Crises and Five Miles Out on pre order and will be getting the XTC and YES 5.1 mixes too, but always looking to add to the Genesis collection :)

Anything else I've missed?? ;)

Nice to be back! Been busy with lots of other things just lately such as restoring a Fairlight CMI that used to belong to Ian Stanley from Tears for Fears and travelling for work. Off to LA in 6 days!

Been keeping half an ear to the m/c audio world though. I've got Oldfield's Crises and Five Miles Out on pre order and will be getting the XTC and YES 5.1 mixes too, but always looking to add to the Genesis collection :)

Anything else I've missed?? ;)

wow! that's cool on the Tears For Fears front! bah.. and just as you're back you're zooming off again! :p

I think you're just about covered for the main events, unless you missed any of the following other cool stuff..

..there's a Tull SW 5.1 (Benefit) and ELP's Brain Salad Surgery in a new Jakko 5.1 DVD-A remix on their way too looks like this side of Xmas plus couple more SW-related offerings, oh and 5.1 Blu-ray audio's of Queen's A Night At The Opera & Van Morrison's Moondance (hitherto unreleased Elliot Scheiner mix.. very excited about this one!!). I'm sure a trusty QQ-er will pop in & give you more updates on stuff I've missed! :)

wow! that's cool on the Tears For Fears front! bah.. and just as you're back you're zooming off again! :p

I think you're just about covered for the main events, unless you missed any of the following other cool stuff..

..there's a Tull SW 5.1 (Benefit) and ELP's Brain Salad Surgery in a new Jakko 5.1 DVD-A remix on their way too looks like this side of Xmas plus couple more SW-related offerings, oh and 5.1 Blu-ray audio's of Queen's A Night At The Opera & Van Morrison's Moondance (hitherto unreleased Elliot Scheiner mix.. very excited about this one!!). I'm sure a trusty QQ-er will pop in & give you more updates on stuff I've missed! :)

Thanks for the updates!

On the TFF front, whilst doing some research I bought a copy of the DVD 'Scenes From The Big Chair' which is part documentary, part video collection and part live show and all in 5.1 :) Got it new for £5 from Amazon! Well worth a look. I've also got their 'The Hurting' box set on pre-order, but no 5.1 in there :(

If you want to follow the Fairlight progress, I'm blogging about it over at www.failedmuso.com/blog

There may well be some exciting news in the coming months on that front that may or may not be 5.1 related ;)

Let us know what the mix is like on that one....(y)

gave it a quick flick thru last night, mainly to check it played ok, there was a nasty looking scratch on the disc.. still I got it used/cheap so caveat emptor and all that jazz.. thankfully, it played fine!

I'll have to listen to it properly but seems very nice indeed (ignore the negative reviewer on SACD.net saying it sounds like an amateur recording! fidelity is amazing!).. the mix had discrete stuff going on to varying degrees, with some songs being more aggressive than others but ambient or double stereo it is not!

what struck me as particularly lovely, was delicate reverb on lead vocals in the rears that livened up what are fairly laid-back vocals for a laid-back album, without it sounding like the vocals were recorded in a cave like George Benson's Breezin' DVD-A! :mad:@:

if you can find it reasonably priced (I noticed a couple of copies on Amazon US the other night for sub-$20) then I'd say go for it, if laid-back well-recorded jazz-lite in discrete (but not in your face) surround is your kind of thing :)

Emerson Lake and Palmer First album and Tarkus
The Nightfly second release from Japan
Kind Of Blue Miles Davis from Japan
plus I found Time Out by Dave Brubeck in a jazz store recently

Blade Runner from Amazon ($19.86) ... price hasn't been that low since.

Attachments

• bladerunnersacd.jpg
    bladerunnersacd.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 195
Doors - LA Woman - DVD-A - Original version (Large Case - 2nd issue)

I have Perception - but I managed to get this for a trade....so what the hey...:eek:

Opeth - Watershed CD/DVD DTS 5.0 - It just turned up...:yikes

I didn't buy it, but I'll take it... :eek: I know my wife didn't buy it for me....she doesn't like Opeth....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back