Opeth - Pale Communion 5.1 (Blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine as well with the Dolby TrueHD issue. If you are desperate in need of surround sound listening without the channel swap error. I believe the Dolby Digital is kosher. Haven't done any extensive testing but it appears it's not affected. Dolby TrueHD is mastered with two files. The TrueHD has the .mlp and the Dolby Digital has the .ac3 extension. Both formats have the benefit of the latest audio receivers via HDMI or the legacy systems via optical. You could run an optical cable from your Blu-ray player to your Receiver if you were frothing from the mouth to listen to surround.

The Dolby Digital core is affected also. My BD is running optical and it was easily noticeable.

WooHoo!! Just received an email from the Warner Music Redemption Store saying that my replacement disc has shipped.

Just in case anyone was wondering about their eligibility based on their original purchase method, I bought mine at a retail store in Australia and made my claim using the earlier published redemption code method through RoadRunner.

Free shipping as well! Very happy with how they've handled this.

Looks like I'll have to wait! :howl

From Warner Music Redemption Store Customer Support,

"Thank you for your order! We regret to inform you that at the current moment Pale Communion Blu-Ray from order number xxxx is on backorder.

We expect to have more back in stock within the next 30 days. At that point, your order will be shipped out and you will receive a shipment confirmation e-mail.
"

WooHoo!! Just received an email from the Warner Music Redemption Store saying that my replacement disc has shipped.

Just in case anyone was wondering about their eligibility based on their original purchase method, I bought mine at a retail store in Australia and made my claim using the earlier published redemption code method through RoadRunner.

Same! Excellent job by RoadRunner. Now for the wait until it lands on my doorstep.
:D

Damn - I just got an e-mail from Warner saying that the replacement is now on back-order and will be shipped "within the next 30 days." That's pants.

Same here. Just received the email a few minutes ago.

Well heck, following is the email notification I just got:

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your order! We regret to inform you that at the current moment Pale Communion Blu-Ray from order number xxxxxxxxxxx is on backorder.
We expect to have more back in stock within the next 30 days. At that point, your order will be shipped out and you will receive a shipment confirmation e-mail.
If you want to cancel your order or if you have any questions you can contact us at Warner Music Redemption Store Customer Support.

Thank you,
Warner Music Redemption Store Customer Support

I got the same email. Bit disappointed to be honest as I know I got in within the first hour of the redemption link/order going live. Surely they knew how many to press?

Anyhow, I'm just glad they are replacing it and will just have to wait it out a bit longer.

they certainly handled the issue quicker than i would have expected...but really odd they didn't press enough! sorry to hear some of you have to wait...but glad to know demand outweighs production. hopefully garners enough attention for even more titles in surround for 2015!

Mine arrived yesterday (The Netherlands). Hasn't left my player so far.
Have to say the label print work on the replacement disc is atrocious though. Looks faded (the gold print lettering of the original looks like a dirty beige on the new disc) and is completely off center too. Looks like a rushed job (which it was), but the sound is the main thing.

Mine arrived yesterday (The Netherlands). Hasn't left my player so far.
Have to say the label print work on the replacement disc is atrocious though. Looks faded (the gold print lettering of the original looks like a dirty beige on the new disc) and is completely off center too. Looks like a rushed job (which it was), but the sound is the main thing.
Good to hear about the sound. Haven't received it yet in NL, but will be soon I assume.

Back