Open Our Eyes & Homecoming - Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs (April 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And already have b,s&t

Bravo! :wave
That's the Quad of the 2nd album, yeah? :eek:
(If it's that one, mine arrived but -yada yada yada- it's still in the plastic.. once I get an hour or two clear round here before everyone else has gone to peepy bye's land I'm gonna rip that shrinkwrap off quicker than you can say "QuadraphonicQuad"..!!)

Sorry for asking a possibly super dumb Qn., it's late and I'm still trying to catch up on everything here properly after only hovering about in the background for weeks on end (by my standards anyway!) :D

In their infinite wisdom...amazon has raised the pre-order price on Open Our Eyes to $32.98 with a release date of April 21st...as opposed to acoustic sounds $29.98 price and earlier release date of March 31...and importcds doesn't have a release date yet but they are selling it for $21.26...$11.72 cheaper than amazon...but wait...everybody is mad at importcds...forgot about that......I'm sure amazon will swoop in at the last minute and lower the price so it can tell it's customers how much they saved...pretty cheesy...but it seems to work...

so right now your options are get the release 3 weeks earlier at acoustic sounds and if you don't spend at least $89 you will pay $10.50 for shipping...get the release from amazon and pay $32.98 and if you don't spend $35 you will pay $3.99 for shipping....or order from those "meanies" at importcds and pay $21.26 plus $2.99 shipping and some will pay tax...so as the title of the album suggest.... it's time to "open our eyes" to the prices..

In their infinite wisdom...amazon has raised the pre-order price on Open Our Eyes to $32.98 with a release date of April 21st...as opposed to acoustic sounds $29.98 price and earlier release date of March 31...and importcds doesn't have a release date yet but they are selling it for $21.26...$11.72 cheaper than amazon...but wait...everybody is mad at importcds...forgot about that......I'm sure amazon will swoop in at the last minute and lower the price so it can tell it's customers how much they saved...pretty cheesy...but it seems to work...

Hmm, sounds like Airline pricing (based on when you buy).... :)

so right now your options are get the release 3 weeks earlier at acoustic sounds and if you don't spend at least $89 you will pay $10.50 for shipping...get the release from amazon and pay $32.98 and if you don't spend $35 you will pay $3.99 for shipping....or order from those "meanies" at importcds and pay $21.26 plus $2.99 shipping and some will pay tax...so as the title of the album suggest.... it's time to "open our eyes" to the prices..

I like importCD so far....that is...when I want to buy 3 and get the free shipping. If I really only want 1 disc...I probably give the nod to Amazon...

Great music too!
"Ventura Highway", "Moon Song", "Till the Sun Comes Up", "Cornwall Blank", and "Saturn Nights" are all incredible!
And the other songs are good too. Might become my new favorite AF release, followed by "Winelight". :)

Lots of lovely low end warmth too.. beautifully recorded analogue goodness.. mixed to multichannel perfection.

I feel another 20 out of 10 coming on :D

Lots of lovely low end warmth too.. beautifully recorded analogue goodness.. mixed to multichannel perfection.

I feel another 20 out of 10 coming on :D

Actually Homecoming (and Winelight) were sourced from PCM masters. PCM goodness.... :)

I ordered the Homecoming SACD as I have been looking for that DVD-A for a long time but the price was always too steep. Still on the fence about EWF's Open Our Eyes. I listened to samples of the album today and didn't recognize any of the songs and I love EWF. Afraid it will get a couple spins then collect dust next to my Hawkwind/Nosound DVD's that I never play.

Back