What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

These should be here in about ten days. This will complete my Moody Blues SACD collection and will begin my Mike Oldfield DVD-V collection, although I'll only get getting this one and Ommadawn.

The Moody Blues - Search Of The Lost Chord - SACD
The Moody Blues - Seven Sojourn - SACD
The Moody Blues - To Our Children’s Children - SACD
Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge - DVD-V (Deluxe Edition)

Hi everyone,

These should be here in about ten days. This will complete my Moody Blues SACD collection and will begin my Mike Oldfield DVD-V collection, although I'll only get getting this one and Ommadawn.

Yeah I definitely would not recommend getting the latest DVD-V edition of "Tubular Bells", especially when you can purchase lossless files of the surround mix here: http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Society_of_Sound/Society_of_Sound/Music/Tubular_Bells.html
They sound fantastic! :)

Yeah I definitely would not recommend getting the latest DVD-V edition of "Tubular Bells", especially when you can purchase lossless files of the surround mix here: http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Society_of_Sound/Society_of_Sound/Music/Tubular_Bells.html
They sound fantastic! :)

Thanks for the tip! This will probably shock many of you, but I confess not being a huge fan of that album. I do like the tune, but the whole thing doesn't quite do it for me. I think Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn are thwo only two titles of his that I like completely.

front small.jpg

Can't wait to get this one :wave

I admit that it felt rather good loosing all sense of restraint for a few minutes. :D

Just pulled the trigger on these:

Elton John - Elton John - SACD
Elton John - Honky Château - SACD
Elton John - Madman Across The Water - SACD
Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn - DVD-V
Jean-Michel Jarre - Equinoxe - CD
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene - CD
Nick Cave - Nocturama - DVD-V
Nick Cave - Murder Ballads - DVD-V
Björk - Selmasongs - DualDisc
Björk - Medula - SACD
Marvin Gaye - Let’s Get It On - Blu-Ray Audio
Lavinia Meijer - Philip Glass - SACD
Kuniko - Cantus - SACD
Jon Nakamatsu - Rhapsody In Blue - SACD
Osipov State Russian Folk Orchestra - Balalaika Favourites - SACD (Thanks for the suggestion Lute!) :)

I admit that it felt rather good loosing all sense of restraint for a few minutes. :D

Björk - Medula - SACD
Kuniko - Cantus - SACD
Osipov State Russian Folk Orchestra - Balalaika Favourites - SACD (Thanks for the suggestion Lute!) :)
Regarding the Elton John: Do you already have Captain Fantastic? It is excellent.

Regarding the Elton John: Do you already have Captain Fantastic? It is excellent.

I've read a lot of good things about it but I have to confess that the music leaves me a little cold (same for Goodbye Yellow Brick Road save for a handful of tracks). I went for those three titles because I know I'll be enjoying them for a long, long time.

This is my reality for what's available in multichannel. I know for a fact that at least 50% of the Pop & Rock titles I'm not interested in because I simply don't enjoy the music. That's OK, that means more for the others to enjoy. :)

I've read a lot of good things about it but I have to confess that the music leaves me a little cold (same for Goodbye Yellow Brick Road save for a handful of tracks). I went for those three titles because I know I'll be enjoying them for a long, long time.

This is my reality for what's available in multichannel. I know for a fact that at least 50% of the Pop & Rock titles I'm not interested in because I simply don't enjoy the music. That's OK, that means more for the others to enjoy. :)

Fair comments Simon...but you will find most all Elton Johns sound simply stellar....from a audio bliss standpoint. [emoji16][emoji16]

Björk - Medula - SACD
Kuniko - Cantus - SACD

Let us know what you think about Elton's self titled SACD...I've avoided that one and Peachtree Road because I've heard negative comments about them...you will love Honky Chateau and Madman....it's too bad you don't like the content of Captain Fantastic...because it's an excellent disc...

I wasn't aware that Elton's self titled album had received negative reviews. Funny though because the comments found in the Poll for it here are rather positive. Oh well. I wanted to get these now because they've started going up in price which means they'll soon go for much more than they should. I'm glad I could get these at a decent price. The Marvin Gaye Blu-Ray has started increasing as well which is why I got it now.

I know it would be nice to own thousands of titles, but I've just severely trimmed down my DVD, CD and LP collections, so the last thing I want to do is repeat the same pattern with multichannel titles. Anyway, you all know what this is like. :)

What you are saying Simon makes perfect sense. I will add though that if there were ever surround mixes that could make you like the music then these EJ discs are it. The only exception for me is Yellow Brick Road - the mastering is not as warm as the others.

What you are saying Simon makes perfect sense. I will add though that if there were ever surround mixes that could make you like the music then these EJ discs are it. The only exception for me is Yellow Brick Road - the mastering is not as warm as the others.

Who knows what I'll have in mind in the coming months. Maybe once I've heard those three titles I'll want the others. Stranger things have happened. :)

Back