What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't aware that Elton's self titled album had received negative reviews. Funny though because the comments found in the Poll for it here are rather positive. Oh well. I wanted to get these now because they've started going up in price which means they'll soon go for much more than they should. I'm glad I could get these at a decent price. The Marvin Gaye Blu-Ray has started increasing as well which is why I got it now.

I know it would be nice to own thousands of titles, but I've just severely trimmed down my DVD, CD and LP collections, so the last thing I want to do is repeat the same pattern with multichannel titles. Anyway, you all know what this is like. :)

I have his self titled and for me, it sounds just awesome.

Let us know what you think about Elton's self titled SACD...I've avoided that one and Peachtree Road because I've heard negative comments about them...you will love Honky Chateau and Madman....it's too bad you don't like the content of Captain Fantastic...because it's an excellent disc...

Who's said negative things about those discs?! Let me at 'em! ;)
Ok, both of those titles are at the bottom of the list of Eltons for me (EJ then "Peachtree"), but even though neither title can quite stack up to the other five, they are both phenomenal discs that deserve to be in any surround fan's collection, especially EJ. :)

XTC, "Nonsuch"... I've never heard any XTC before, but with all the hype today I listened to the first couple tracks off "Oranges and Lemons" and decided to give them a try. I'll definitely pre-order O&L!

Who's said negative things about those discs?! Let me at 'em! ;)
Ok, both of those titles are at the bottom of the list of Eltons for me (EJ then "Peachtree"), but even though neither title can quite stack up to the other five, they are both phenomenal discs that deserve to be in any surround fan's collection, especially EJ. :)

I heard that when I first got involved in surround...if that's not the case I will be getting me them!

Chicago II DVD-A... $7.99 on ebay with free shipping!
Deep Purple Stormbringer DVD
XTC Drums & Wires CD/BD (I'm a Blu-ray guy)
And so many pre-orders, I can't keep track anymore!

If you must ask....what am I waiting on? I'm waiting on my damn remodel to get done so I can hook up my hi-fi and listen to some great surround music....that's what I'm waiting on!!! UGH

This is the very longest I've ever had my system disconnected...and it's killing me.

If you must ask....what am I waiting on? I'm waiting on my damn remodel to get done so I can hook up my hi-fi and listen to some great surround music....that's what I'm waiting on!!! UGH

This is the very longest I've ever had my system disconnected...and it's killing me.

The Doors SACD
Tellarc DVD A
King Crimson THRAK DVD A
YES Fragile DVD A

The Doors Best Of SACD
Tellarc DVD A
King Crimson THRAK DVD A
YES Fragile DVD A

Peter & the Wolf
Label: Silverline
ASIN: B0001LYGJO

Favorite record from when I was a kid. I've heard mixed feedback about Silverline. Hopefully this is pretty well-done.

(Also, anecdotally about Silverline, Gary Numan Anthology is the BY FAR the worst "5.1" product I've acquired to date...)

Peter & the Wolf
Label: Silverline
ASIN: B0001LYGJO

Favorite record from when I was a kid. I've heard mixed feedback about Silverline. Hopefully this is pretty well-done.

(Also, anecdotally about Silverline, Gary Numan Anthology is the BY FAR the worst "5.1" product I've acquired to date...)

Most of the Silverline "failures" are from a series called "From The Front Row"...which as one member on here mentioned sounded like "from the parking lot"...

Found In the Land of Grey and Pink Deluxe for <$20 and Scarcity of Miracles cd/dvda for <$15 today.
Couldn't resist.

You got an ESPECIALLY good deal on "A Scarcity of Miracles" since that is a top notch CD/DVD-A release IMHO.
I wish I could say the same for Caravan, however. The music and mix are both great, but fidelity is sorely lacking since it's a DVD-V release with just Dolby Digital audio. Basically, the music and mix is not deserving of what it got as a release, but oh well, que sera sera…

...but fidelity is sorely lacking since it's a DVD-V release with just Dolby Digital audio

Could be fidelity is wasted on these ears! I have plenty of DD discs and enjoy them very well. Could be someday I'll develop in what I listen for, but I'm ok with DVD-V at this point.
If anybody wants to offload DD titles, let me know!!! ;)

Back