ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds awesome! :smokin My damn day job has been so nuts lately, can't even remember the last big show I been to... :violin

-- Jim

I noticed that, too. Doug has been reading the dictionary again.

Back in the late '70's, I was at home with laryngitis. Try selling anything when your voice doesn't work! I spent the time reading the Encyclopedia of Rock. I swear they used eponymous in their review of every artist/group that had a self-titled album. A great book. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, especially in the version depicted here. This version covers the classic rock era, later versions not so much. In UK, it was called New Musical Express' Encyclopedia of rock.

35067.jpg

Yes that SACD is good..BUT...the use of "eponymous"...that is priceless:walker

In my latest edition of Rolling Stone there is an excellent article on James Taylor entitled "My life in 15 songs"...by Andy Greene. Taylor gives a breakdown of each song with some information about his life...good stuff...

Hey, while waiting for Yes surrounds, thought I might as well take plunge and buy this(Yes Studio albums 1969-1987,12 albums) as I think its the Rhino releases with extra tracks on each album and as some of these albums will probably not get the Steven Wilson treatment and for my own personal collection I had most of these on LP and as I don't play my Lp's need to get myself some more YES fix's to listen to.
Pretty good price as right now around $40 mark shipped to Canada, can't beat that for 12 albums.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Hey, while waiting for Yes surrounds, thought I might as well take plunge and buy this(Yes Studio albums 1969-1987,12 albums) as I think its the Rhino releases with extra tracks on each album and as some of these albums will probably not get the Steven Wilson treatment and for my own personal collection I had most of these on LP and as I don't play my Lp's need to get myself some more YES fix's to listen to.
Pretty good price as right now around $40 mark shipped to Canada, can't beat that for 12 albums.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

The amazon US here

Yikes....I had that Book for ages! Bought in college, I think I finally tossed its dog toothed pages in 2000 or so.

I noticed that, too. Doug has been reading the dictionary again.

Back in the late '70's, I was at home with laryngitis. Try selling anything when your voice doesn't work! I spent the time reading the Encyclopedia of Rock. I swear they used eponymous in their review of every artist/group that had a self-titled album. A great book. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, especially in the version depicted here. This version covers the classic rock era, later versions not so much. In UK, it was called New Musical Express' Encyclopedia of rock.

View attachment 20446

The amazon US here

I was checking all the Amazon's yes, the amazon us prices are good for people from USA, not so good for us in Canada as our exchange sucks right now against US dollar and by time adding extra shipping and exchange looking at around $70 Canadian for this same title, so thats why the Uk Amazon is a very good price for us.

I was checking all the Amazon's yes, the amazon us prices are good for people from USA, not so good for us in Canada as our exchange sucks right now against US dollar and by time adding extra shipping and exchange looking at around $70 Canadian for this same title, so thats why the Uk Amazon is a very good price for us.

I know...I was posting it for the US members:)

The Amazon UK price appears to be much better than the Amazon US price. Of course my delivery is to Canada but just for fun I ran the order through the UK site. It came to 23.09 pounds (including shipping) which is about $36 USD as opposed to the $51.50 price on Amazon.com.

You are comparing the amazon DIRECT price...I would buy from a 3rd party seller which starts at $37.88 plus shipping($41.87 total)..HERE

I just finished listening to this and what a blast!...this is one fun disc if you like Disco music...over 3 hours and 40 minutes of quality sounding music..yes it's only 2 channel but it's so clear and dynamic...I am impressed with the sound quality of these late 70 recordings...they sound fresh...good stuff...

006.JPG

From the email I've just received from progrock.co.uk update - 09 August 2015

"RIVERSIDE - Love, Fear And The Time Machine (Ltd 2CD Media book) – GBP 13.99 (Released 30/09/2015)
RIVERSIDE - Love, Fear And The Time Machine (Standard) – GBP 10.99 (Released 30/09/2015)

With RIVERSIDE’s new album, and sixth overall, the Warsaw, Poland-based band continues to apply a kind of numerology to their releases: after the "Reality Dream Trilogy" of their first three albums, where each album had three words in the title, the fourth was titled "Anno Domini High Definition" and the fifth called "Shrine of New Generation Slaves.” Now comes ‘Love, Fear and the Time Machine,’ an album which yet again showcases a different musical face of RIVERSIDE. "Love, Fear..." is over an hour long and consists of 10 compositions which are some of the most melodic in the band's career. They have abandoned the foundations of their previous approach towards composing: there are no 12-15-minute songs here anymore. The tracks are shorter, relatively speaking (6 minutes on average), and very richly arranged. The style has also undergone a facelift: keyboards are pushed into the background with the focus shifted to the rhythm section and guitars. But the most notable change is the new, more mellow and melodious voice of Mariusz. Line-up: Mariusz Duda - vocals, bass guitar, acoustic guitar / Piotr Grudzinski - guitars / Piotr Kozieradzki - drums / Michal Lapaj – keyboards
."

Riverside are a band I would love to hear in 5.1, but from what I can gather they're not interested in surround - which is a shame.

Has anyone purchased and/or listened to the new Zappa CD, Dance Me This? It seems to be available only via zappa.com.

Back