What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still get sad when I am reminded of Minnie Riperton and what happened to her.

Oyo Como Va - still one of my all-time favorite songs. And really, that whole album is incredible. And to think, at the time, I was into heavier stuff but I eventually saw the light.

Doug

I still get sad when I am reminded of Minnie Riperton and what happened to her.

Oyo Como Va - still one of my all-time favorite songs. And really, that whole album is incredible. And to think, at the time, I was into heavier stuff but I eventually saw the light.

Doug

Yeah I was watching (what I think was her last tv appearance?) performing Memory Lane.. and when she sings "Save Me" at the end I had a little tear.. what a brave wonderful God given talent taken from us way too soon, you felt she had so much left to give.. :(

Cool find on the BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST, hidden quad Frederico!!

I always loved that album for the unique art of the record cover, as well as the quad.

It may be worthwhile for all collectors to check out the stereo versions of that disc, for a possible quad vinyl imprint?

Haha.. my brother calls me Frederico! :eek: It was one of those happy little accidents, you know when you find a Quad record in a Stereo sleeve? Kinda like that, only this is a Quad sleeve with what looks like a Stereo record inside until you look at the deadwax.. :D

I'm on the hunt for more of these stealth Quad LPs.. watch this space! :yikes

360 Degrees Of Billy Paul (SQ LP).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Home today so giving this a listen rather than stare lovingly at it and caress it as I tend to do with many inanimate objects I come into contact with that take my fancy (don't stand in one spot for too long or i will do the same to you! haha!! :D ) .. but seriously guys and girls, it occurs just how utterly gorgeous this record sounds, just the most beautifully recorded work of art to get embedded in grooves on a slice of black plastic..

Yes, I know its an alternate vocal on Mrs. Jones (that lacks the oomph in the final blast of the chorus... but but but what a mix and such spell binding sound quality.. if AF were to do one Billy Paul Surround SACD, which I very much doubt, it just HAS to be THIS one, quirks and kooky flaws and all its a gem. :banana:

Hopefully you have War of the Gods in quad, too. "I See The Light" and "War of the Gods" make up Side 1 of the record and is wonderful in quad. After getting the enhanced lp chip installed in the Surround Master, it was the first record I put on to test the separation. Awesome record.

Hopefully you have War of the Gods in quad, too. "I See The Light" and "War of the Gods" make up Side 1 of the record and is wonderful in quad. After getting the enhanced lp chip installed in the Surround Master, it was the first record I put on to test the separation. Awesome record.

Yes, I've got that one too and it's an excellent Quad mix, as you say brilliantly decoded by the SQ vinyl Surround Master.. my two favourite tracks are the short poppy "Thanks For Saving My Life" and "The Whole Town's Talking" but I like the whole record, it's just a shame there weren't Quads of his other albums, especially the one with Let Em In on it (is it called Let em in? :eek: Great record!)

it's an excellent Quad mix, as you say brilliantly decoded by the SQ vinyl Surround Master.. )

Free you have stated that the Surround Master is brilliant so many times that I need to read about it. Is there a link to this SQ miracle decoder? Should you have the link in your signature since it's very important to your quad listening.

How much are they?

Free you have stated that the Surround Master is brilliant so many times that I need to read about it. Is there a link to this SQ miracle decoder? Should you have the link in your signature since it's very important to your quad listening.

How much are they?

Drop me a PM anytime and we can go into further details :)

Enoch Light and the Light Brigade

R-3213859-1396136299-5272.jpeg.jpg

Picked up a slew of these. Recorded in QS mostly, with some SQ, all on 35mm tape. The guy was fanatical on sound quality and mastering and it shows. Even had his own record label to make sure it was done right. These are all tributes to the original gems and faithfully reproduced from original scores. Never knew I liked Big Band until I started listening, and now I can't stop!

Back