What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vanguard did one sampler in Dynaquad to show off that passive matrix system. It could give decent results on a QS system, but the main push for Dynaquad was creating quad from stereo. I have a copy of it. Vanguard never did CD-4, and only used QS in Japan. They backed SQ from the get-go.

Hi. jaybird100
Vanguard did dabble in CD-4 in Japan.

set.jpg

Well I just couldn't resist a second copy..

Go For Your Guns - The Isley Brothers (SQ LP).

image.jpg

My only dilemma is, as you can see, this copy is still sealed in the shrinkwrap... To open or not to open!? That is quite a question..

I would like to see that listing. The only quad J.J. Perrey I know of is on sampler SQ discs in the US. I have the quad reel of Monsieur Perrey but would like more. Also, I don't have a Dolby unit for proper playback. I do have Buffy's Illuminations on QS from Japan.

My bad, no J.J.Perry on the list, no Country Joe Hits.

Getting old, memory not the best I suppose.All Vanguards were on the King Record label in RM in Japan on my list.Three Buffy Sainte Marie, Two Joan Baez, One Country Joe/Fish, One Larry Coryell.

75 edition from Four Channel Sound.

1446826256410.jpg1446826289187.jpg1446826322011.jpg1446826359138.jpg

Interesting, but not totally unusual to see KING RECORDS JAPAN issued some CD-4 discs as well.

Thanks for that pic BBQ.

Afterall both formats were developed in Japan, and unlike North America, RM (or QS ) was promoted big time over SQ.From what my quad catalogs listings state for Japan, CD-4 was equally as large if not more.

Just looking over that Japanese quad QS (RM) discs list and I notice on Crown Records blues legend SAM TAYLOR released 3 quad titles.

1446840046041.jpg1446840110200.jpg1446840164514.jpg

I checked and they are not on MARK'S LISTINGS either.

Cool find on the BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST, hidden quad Frederico!!

I always loved that album for the unique art of the record cover, as well as the quad.

It may be worthwhile for all collectors to check out the stereo versions of that disc, for a possible quad vinyl imprint?

Back