Monster Music Deluxe CD + Audio DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get the Sketches of Spain DVD from Monster for $9 delivered. Use discount code MONSTERNEWSLETTER2015 to take off 10%, and shipping is free. I haven't heard the mix yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

By the way, IMHO, the reason these discs are "below the radar," i.e., few of us have heard of them, is that they are excluded from the QQ "HiRez Poll." I think it would make good sense to replace it (or augment it) with a "multichannel poll" that does not exclude lossily compressed discs.

Last edited:
You can get the Sketches of Spain DVD from Monster for $9 delivered. Use discount code MONSTERNEWSLETTER2015 to take of 10%, and shipping is free. I haven't heard the mix yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

By the way, IMHO, the reason these discs are "below the radar," i.e., few of us have heard of them, is that they are excluded from the QQ "HiRez Poll." I think it would make good sense to replace it (or augment it) with a "multichannel poll" that does not exclude lossily compressed discs.

Awesome find my man! I ordered.....

This is all I have of the Monsters, I don't know if there are any more?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Christmas Music releases in Multichannel SACD.

Rick Derringer's "Spring Fever" Quad?

Oh silly me, that's Spring not Christmas.. but it would be an amazing gift this festive season if AF were to 'spring' such a surprise release on us for Christmas.. hehe! :eek:

I emailed Monster Music customer support about their stock of Super Discs.
They currently have:
Charlie Brown Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas 40 Years
Sketches of Spain

Give them a call Edison.........it worked for me a few months back. It was like they had the ones you were looking for just sitting in the office in some box lol

Give them a call Edison.........it worked for me a few months back. It was like they had the ones you were looking for just sitting in the office in some box lol

Which ones, additionally, did they have at the time?

Btw, their prices are silly low, for anyone who doesn't have what they have in stock. Like, Charlie Brown Christmas 40th is only $4.99.

Which ones, additionally, did they have at the time?

Btw, their prices are silly low, for anyone who doesn't have what they have in stock. Like, Charlie Brown Christmas 40th is only $4.99.

At the time, The had the Lee Ritenour - Six String Theory/ George Benson/ ------ Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company - all about 14.99, think one was 19.99

Give it a try :banana:

The Monster guys should do a tie-up with QQ.

I mean, their target audience is right here at this very site..
its not like those discs have been flying off shelves the last few years..
as has been proven by Edison & co in this thread they are bloody hard to get..
how many folks into surround don't even know about them, availability is so poor...

Isn't it weird that Monster should have gone to all the trouble and expense of putting out a small range of surround music titles (titles that are nicely packaged and presented, with CDs and DVD's with great surround mixes of new music) and then have them sit around in stock for years and then appear to do nothing with it all down the line..??

If they were to resume the range and do limited runs of say 1-2,000 new surround discs like this per title and do say 3 or 4 new titles a year and get them promoted on QQ & the SHF (better still seek a tie-in wth SH himself doing the mastering and you've guaranteed a bunch of sales automaticlally..!) and I bet they would sell like hot cakes instead of remaining in boxes in the broom cupboard all these years like these excellent discs have.. odd.

Yeah, these are well worth seeking out, particularly the Guaraldi, Miles, Ritenour and the two Benson discs. All excellent IMO.

I only ever managed to get the George Benson - Songs And Stories (which is very good), and that was only because the amazon.com re-seller would send it to the UK.

Back