What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally pulled the trigger on a few LP's I've been wanting.....I'm freaking torked...waiting on these...
And - I got 12% off the prices you see....so all is good...

Today%201.jpg

today%202.jpg

today%203.jpg

haha - how many versions of Pet Sounds do I need? I dunno. I guess when you love an album, you constantly search for the ultimate version. As I do....and the others...well....enough said. Whoa....Glass Houses in 45 RPM vinyl? No brainer....Surrealistic Pillow in 45 RPM MONO? Well, we'll see...I can't wait!

haha - how many versions of Pet Sounds do I need? I dunno. I guess when you love an album, you constantly search for the ultimate version. As I do....and the others...well....enough said. Whoa....Glass Houses in 45 RPM vinyl? No brainer....Surrealistic Pillow in 45 RPM MONO? Well, we'll see...I can't wait!

I'd just settle for one version that actually sounds good...I'm 0 for 2:(

I finally pulled the trigger on a few LP's I've been wanting.....I'm freaking torked...waiting on these...

Today%201.jpg

today%202.jpg

today%203.jpg

Oh man...you are killing me..I'm stuck in a time warp..MoFi's evil web of broken promises...I've been waiting for this one and like a moth drawn to the flame...freaking MoFi and their mind games...

Oh man...you are killing me..I'm stuck in a time warp..MoFi's evil web of broken promises...I've been waiting for this one and like a moth drawn to the flame...freaking MoFi and their mind games...

LMFAO! I know, I know....I was the same. But I couldn't hold out and ordered the vinyl. I cannot effing wait! I hope it arrives yet this week....

Today%201.jpg

today%202.jpg

today%203.jpg

Oh hell yes! Confirmation that the albums will be in my greedy hands this Friday via FED-EX! In time for the weekend......I'm fired up man....

I'd sure like to someday hear this album in 5.1.............

Steven Wilson, are you reading this?

[video=youtube;Tna0Mmu1XlI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI[/video]

McHoop

I would love this album in 5.1, it just begs to be released in surround :cool: The original multi-tracks still exist, or they did, as it was remixed by Martin Turner in 2002 for the Argus Expanded re-release. The only fly in the ointment might be the major falling out between band members over the band name.

I'd sure like to someday hear this album in 5.1.............

Steven Wilson, are you reading this?

[video=youtube;Tna0Mmu1XlI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI[/video]

McHoop

Herbie Hancock -Thrust SACD
Billy Cobham - Spectrum SACD

AAAANNNNNDDD

(Dedicated to Snood)
Patto-Hold your fire (US pressing)...shipping from...FRANCE(???)...Discogs rocks!!!! 30 EUR + S+H
Now my Patto LP collection will be complete!!!!! Yes!!!!!

(Dedicated to Snood)
Patto-Hold your fire (US pressing)...shipping from...FRANCE(???)...Discogs rocks!!!! 30 EUR + S+H
Now my Patto LP collection will be complete!!!!! Yes!!!!!

Oh Wow - Awesome and on LP to boooooooooooooot!

Snood only has the Cds.........but weird thing is, was walking and jogging this week to this album. By no means is it an exercise album for anyone but Snood, but Snood does think the Ollie Halsall guitar work is more prevalent, involved and awesome on this record more so than in the Roll Em Smoke Em Album that came after.......

A LOT MORE

Snood not have the first album tho yet...............

Hardcore fan you are Kappy :banana:

Snood only stumbled on them after seeing a You Tube video by Andy Partridge playing guitar and him going through some styles - he mentioned a name that he was very very impressed with, but Snood had never heard of...........so Snood asked in the You Tube comments, and after a couple weeks someone responded with the name Ollie Halsall.....................so of course Snood came to QQ and asked ummm uhhhhhh anyone know who this guy is??

and Kappy and a couple others came to my rescue :dance:

Thank you Kappy :snoodhug:

Have you ever listened to Boxer? The band Mike Patto formed after Patto. The first album 1976s "Below The Belt" which had a 'risque' cover in the UK, it has Ollie Halsall on Guitar, the 2nd in 1977 "Absolutely" has Adrian Fisher on guitar, and their last album in 1979 had Ollie Halssall back. They did a gig at my college and I operated the follow spot - badly, going by the language that came in my headphones!

Oh Wow - Awesome and on LP to boooooooooooooot!

Snood only has the Cds.........but weird thing is, was walking and jogging this week to this album. By no means is it an exercise album for anyone but Snood, but Snood does think the Ollie Halsall guitar work is more prevalent, involved and awesome on this record more so than in the Roll Em Smoke Em Album that came after.......

A LOT MORE

Snood not have the first album tho yet...............

Hardcore fan you are Kappy :banana:

Snood only stumbled on them after seeing a You Tube video by Andy Partridge playing guitar and him going through some styles - he mentioned a name that he was very very impressed with, but Snood had never heard of...........so Snood asked in the You Tube comments, and after a couple weeks someone responded with the name Ollie Halsall.....................so of course Snood came to QQ and asked ummm uhhhhhh anyone know who this guy is??

and Kappy and a couple others came to my rescue :dance:

Thank you Kappy :snoodhug:

and just to top this (just wanted to share this with you) I was talking to the Admiral John Halsey the other day and he told me that Ollie NEVER played as awesome as he did after that last Patto LP (RESEPALO)..but I digress..check out the Tempest "Under the blossom" CD, a BBC concert (Ollie had just rehearsed with them for a couple of DAYS and he was already kicking Allan Holdsworth's butt...so much so that Allan was outta there after that)...that was his high peak..after that , even Ollie acknowledged that he changed his playing style....

DO NOT be put off by Ollie playing piano in RESEPALO...his gtr was BEYOND incredible...just check "Loud Green Song"

you know...when I worked with Ollie in 1991 I don't know if I had wished to know his Guitar God status ...or not..maybe he was relieved to work with someone who wasn't aware of his past work....oh well...

Have you ever listened to Boxer? The band Mike Patto formed after Patto. The first album 1976s "Below The Belt" which had a 'risque' cover in the UK, it has Ollie Halsall on Guitar, the 2nd in 1977 "Absolutely" has Adrian Fisher on guitar, and their last album in 1979 had Ollie Halssall back. They did a gig at my college and I operated the follow spot - badly, going by the language that came in my headphones!

Koo Will check them out Thank You Duncan :banana:

and just to top this (just wanted to share this with you) I was talking to the Admiral John Halsey the other day and he told me that Ollie NEVER played as awesome as he did after that last Patto LP (RESEPALO)..but I digress..check out the Tempest "Under the blossom" CD, a BBC concert (Ollie had just rehearsed with them for a couple of DAYS and he was already kicking Allan Holdsworth's butt...so much so that Allan was outta there after that)...that was his high peak..after that , even Ollie acknowledged that he changed his playing style....

DO NOT be put off by Ollie playing piano in RESEPALO...his gtr was BEYOND incredible...just check "Loud Green Song"

you know...when I worked with Ollie in 1991 I don't know if I had wished to know his Guitar God status ...or not..maybe he was relieved to work with someone who wasn't aware of his past work....oh well...

Thank you Kappy will look for it :banana:

Eeekkkkk just found kind of expensive.........cheapest found was 50 buckaroos for 2 cd set :yikes

Got 20% off on all albums from Music Direct....free shipping.

Wrong picture again...lol Let's try again...
today again.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Capture today.PNG
    Capture today.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 113
I've always wanted this album as well...so I finally pulled the trigger. Looking forward to this classic...and it's arriving this coming Thursday! Yee-haw! :)

Odessa LP.JPG

Last edited:
Back