What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...the person you talked to didn't know what they were talking about...check it out now

I know - I talked to them again last night....and this person again said...you will receive the product on time on Friday. About the time they said that, my Amazon order changed right before our eyes. But it says now it will ship Monday, the 4th and I'll have it on the 7th. I think that is probably bogus as well. hahaha - dummies.

Just ordered David Gilmour's Live in Gdansk, 4 disc version - just to get the surround disc of On an Island :)

Just put an order in for a MINT (never opened) album of Elton/Rock of the Westies. $6.99 plus $3.99 shipping. No brainer purchase...can't wait....DISCOGS.

West of the INdies.JPG

Just put an order in for a MINT (never opened) album of Elton/Rock of the Westies. $6.99 plus $3.99 shipping. No brainer purchase...can't wait....DISCOGS.

I have always wondered how the Audio Fidelity Gold CD release of this album sounds. (But of course, I'm even more interested in hearing that unreleased surround mix. DAMN YOU, UNIVERSAL!) :mad:

Fedex Home Delivery.. well not really. I'm still waiting for Spectrum SACD, out of stock. Maybe I will get, maybe I won't. No big deal either way.

I know - I talked to them again last night....and this person again said...you will receive the product on time on Friday. About the time they said that, my Amazon order changed right before our eyes. But it says now it will ship Monday, the 4th and I'll have it on the 7th. I think that is probably bogus as well. hahaha - dummies.

Look at the latest on the listing..LOL....HERE

Just ordered David Gilmour's Live in Gdansk, 4 disc version - just to get the surround disc of On an Island :)

If you like OAI, you will be thrilled with the mix. I was not a fan of the music initially, but parts of it have grown on me.

Also, the video of the concert is very worthy.

I have tickets to see DG doing the "Rattle That Lock" tour in Toronto on 3/31. Cant wait.

"Stop Making Sense" blu-ray by Talking Heads. November 2015 version (at least I hope that's the one they send). :confused:

Bonus Features: Bonus Tracks - 'Cities', Big Business' / 'I Zimbra'; One hour band press conference; Audio commentary with the band and Jonathan Demme; 3 Audio Mixes: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Feature Film Mix, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Studio Mix, PCM 2.0 Stereo Mix.

"Stop Making Sense" blu-ray by Talking Heads. November 2015 version (at least I hope that's the one they send). :confused:

Bonus Features: Bonus Tracks - 'Cities', Big Business' / 'I Zimbra'; One hour band press conference; Audio commentary with the band and Jonathan Demme; 3 Audio Mixes: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Feature Film Mix, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Studio Mix, PCM 2.0 Stereo Mix.

Is this different than the original BD?

It's a wonderful mix and I think you'll really enjoy it. :)

If you like OAI, you will be thrilled with the mix. I was not a fan of the music initially, but parts of it have grown on me.

Also, the video of the concert is very worthy.

I have tickets to see DG doing the "Rattle That Lock" tour in Toronto on 3/31. Cant wait.

You were right guys, listening to the disc now - sounds great, beautiful music and a nice surround mix.

So, now I am waiting on Rattle and Endless River :)

Is this different than the original BD?

Not sure. If you search Amazon for the blu-ray it shows 2 versions. The first states 1984 date next to the case and has an October 2009 release date. The other shows a 2015 date next to the case and has a November 2015 release date. There is no mention in the write up of the first one about the 2 different 5.1 mixes or the band audio commentary or press conference. Regardless, the newer one is the one I ordered.

Not sure. If you search Amazon for the blu-ray it shows 2 versions. The first states 1984 date next to the case and has an October 2009 release date. The other shows a 2015 date next to the case and has a November 2015 release date. There is no mention in the write up of the first one about the 2 different 5.1 mixes or the band audio commentary or press conference. Regardless, the newer one is the one I ordered.

Here's a Blu-Ray.com link to the original 2009 Blu-Ray: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stop-Making-Sense-Blu-ray/6140/
Based on the descriptions, I think they are the same, with the newer being a repress. :)

Blow by Blow multi channel and Best of the Doors just shipped from Acoustic Sounds, pro'ly take about ten days to here in the UK.

The Hugo Montenegro SACD is on its way from Vocalion in England, and the Bob Dylan live album from AF shipped on Thursday.

Back