What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EWF - "Open Our Eyes" SACD
Ohio Players - "Fire" (found for 99 cents on Ebay!) DTS-CD
Eagles - "Hotel California" SACD
Sly & The Family Stone - "Greatest Hits" SACD
Dire Straits - "Brothers In Arms" SACD

I took a plunge and ordered Radiohead "King of Limbs - Live from the Basement" on BluRay. It's ambient rather than discrete but supposedly great quality audio in DTS HD MA

(50Hz video though, so not guaranteed to work on all US players.)

I took a plunge and ordered Radiohead "King of Limbs - Live from the Basement" on BluRay. It's ambient rather than discrete but supposedly great quality audio in DTS HD MA

(50Hz video though, so not guaranteed to work on all US players.)

It's a great purchase! Personally, I prefer the live version of the album to the studio version anyway. Remember to try Specweb on it (y)

Finally pulled the trigger on King Crimson THRAK 40th anniversary CD/DVD Audio. Not sure why it took me so long. Can't wait! It should be in the mailbox this coming Tuesday..the day I get back home!! I had a few points with Amazon, so got it shipped for $10

;)

Since Clint mentioned Deep Discount had a 15% off promo, I decided to "re-order" EWF SACD Head To The Sky. Also ordered 40th Anniversary release on vinyl of Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby. Hell yeah!! How cool is that??

Oh boy....money must be growing on trees around here. Just ordered a 45 RPM 6 vinyl set of Metallica - Garage, INC. Always LOVED that album, as it has all cover songs, but in Metallica fashion...should sound amazing....I did get a 10% off coupon, so my final price was $98...

Can't wait!!

Metallica%20-%20Garage.jpg

Head to the Sky - EWF SACD 4.0 A wonderful Quad! Evil & Zanzibar are worth the price of admission.

Bootleg Series V. 6 Live '64 - The Zim 2 SACD 5.0 (Probably here already, but I won't get it until my birthday on Sunday.)

Eli & the Thirteenth Confession - Laura Nyro SACD 4.0 In my 100 favorite albums. I've heard BOTH unreleased Quad mixes. The music & mix won't disappoint! Had the pleasure of seeing/hearing her in both '88 & '89 at The Vic in Chicago. Jimmy Vivino was the band director.

BEACH BOYS - "PET SOUNDS" 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION (coming June 10)
4 CD + 1 BLU RAY AUDIO
4CD/Blu-ray Audio collector's edition presented in a hardbound book, featuring the remastered original album in stereo and mono, plus a new hi res instrumental mix, as well as session outtakes, alternate mixes, previously unreleased live recordings and hi res stereo and mono and 5.1 surround mixes. I already have the DVD-A 5.1/2 ch/mono and the '98 Pet Sounds Sessions 4 CD box. Still, there are some new things here. Leggo my Ego!

and in plain vanilla 2.0:
Live July '78 - The Complete Recordings - Grateful Dead 12 HDCD limited to 15,000. My favorite lineup w/Keith & Donna Jean.

Just put an order in for...

Thank you for ordering from Burning Shed

You have ordered these item(s):

Barclay James Harvest - Everyone Is Everybody Else (2cd/1dvd preorder)

4.0 SACD Tomita's "Space Fantasy" (from CDJapan)
4.0 SACD's Earth Wind & Fire "Head To The Sky" (ImportCDs), "The Collection" (amazon.com)
5.1 DVD + CDs of Barclay James Harvest's "Octoberon" & "Everyone Is Everybody Else", Anthony Philips "Sides" (Cherry Red)
5.1 FLAC + CD Ghost Community "Cycle Of Life" (Ghost Community)
5.1 DVD + CDs Rob Reid "Sanctuary II) (tigermoth)

Will probably be eating stale bread for a month or so now, not giving up the real ale though!

I'm doing this more for myself, but here's an updated list of what I'm waiting on (and where I purchased it from in case that interests you):

On the Audio Fidelity front, there's Earth Wind & Fire's "Head to the Sky", along with "The Collection". (both from amazon)
On the Esoteric front, there's Anthony Phillips' "Sides" and from Barclay James Harvest, "Everyone is Everybody Else" and "Gone to Earth" (just ordered those two today; all three are Burning Shed preorders)
Then to wrap things up, there's the reissue of "Aqualung" from Jethro Tull and the new "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" box set from Rick Wakeman (amazon US and UK respectively)

I'm currently on the fence about the Laura Nyro SACD and the "Pet Sounds" deluxe edition, but I think I have plenty of time to make up my mind about those.
Now I'm just waiting on that "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" preorder… ;)

I'd forgotten I'd ordered the Jethro Tull & Rick Wakeman, I hadn't printed out the orders, so I'm glad you mentioned them or I could have ended up ordering twice!

I'm doing this more for myself, but here's an updated list of what I'm waiting on (and where I purchased it from in case that interests you):

On the Audio Fidelity front, there's Earth Wind & Fire's "Head to the Sky", along with "The Collection". (both from amazon)
On the Esoteric front, there's Anthony Phillips' "Sides" and from Barclay James Harvest, "Everyone is Everybody Else" and "Gone to Earth" (just ordered those two today; all three are Burning Shed preorders)
Then to wrap things up, there's the reissue of "Aqualung" from Jethro Tull and the new "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" box set from Rick Wakeman (amazon US and UK respectively)

I'm currently on the fence about the Laura Nyro SACD and the "Pet Sounds" deluxe edition, but I think I have plenty of time to make up my mind about those.
Now I'm just waiting on that "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" preorder… ;)

Back