Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you believe in fate? I just put The Captain and Me on just before I opened your post!!

Yes, I do, my friend. I do believe in fate!
Ever since the Chicago set was released, the Doobie Brothers' 4 Quad mixes have now risen to the top of my must release list!
There's nothing else I care more about in Quad other than the 2 Eagles' Quad mixes, but I still think that a Doobies' release would be easier to knock out, and I think it would be a great seller too! :)

(Well there's also "Blue Jays" by Justin Hayward & John Lodge, but that's another label…)

It seems evident that ImportCD is just a shell and they use 3rd party fulfillment & return centers. The returns address they instructed me to send the Qudio Box back to traces to the Shepherdsville Kentucky post office. Shepherdsville is the home of a number of distribution & return centers (including Amazon). The actual address of the return permit houses Alliance Entertainment Corp (A wholesaler of music, video, vinyl, video games, apparel, toys, collectables and accessories) which according to their website service over 2,000 independent music and video retailers.

I get the impression that ImportCD is just some "home" business with fluff and hyperbole on their website. They are willing to undercut on margins being small and have a third party supplier to fulfill orders.
Can't prove that but the circumstantial evidence seems to point that out. Their "system is not set up to handle replacements", The product shipped from the known address of a larger distribution center, Long return process offering refund only.

It is sadly apparent as to why their customer support on returns is horrible. 1: They are likely a small shop and obviously they do not have the customer service staff to reply quickly. 2: If they are just a web front reseller, they never really have ownership of any stock despite what they claim. 3 Any return has to process through a super large middle man handling the returns of over "2,000 independent music & video retailers". I imagine that does cause for a lag and perhaps ImportCD is not credited instantly on returns.

As Channelar stated, they obviously work fine if nothing goes wrong. The fault is indeed with the manufacturing but if you are in the retail game, you really need to have a better replacement plan.

Just as a quick follow up, ImportCD's received my faulty Chicago Quadio Boxset sent from Australia on Monday two weeks ago. About 5 days later they advised they were refunding the cost of the set, original outgoing freight and the return postage from Australia. All in around $US151. They advised it could take a month to show on my account. In fact the refund appeared on my AmEx account the next day. This was around Tuesday last week. Despite all the misgivings I have to say this was excellent service, so I have no complaints and will use them again. I reordered the set from Amazon Italy for delivery to the Netherlands (took only 2 days and seems to have come from Weighbridge UK). There was no freight. It was waiting for me on my arrival in Holland yesterday. Whoopee!!! Played Chicago V (the previously damaged disc) on the system here. It sounds incredible. Now for a week or two of happy distractions and possibly unhappy neighbours. More later after the listening session.

Just as a quick follow up, ImportCD's received my faulty Chicago Quadio Boxset sent from Australia on Monday two weeks ago. About 5 days later they advised they were refunding the cost of the set, original outgoing freight and the return postage from Australia. All in around $US151. They advised it could take a month to show on my account. In fact the refund appeared on my AmEx account the next day. This was around Tuesday last week. Despite all the misgivings I have to say this was excellent service, so I have no complaints and will use them again. I reordered the set from Amazon Italy for delivery to the Netherlands (took only 2 days and seems to have come from Weighbridge UK). There was no freight. It was waiting for me on my arrival in Holland yesterday. Whoopee!!! Played Chicago V (the previously damaged disc) on the system here. It sounds incredible. Now for a week or two of happy distractions and possibly unhappy neighbours. More later after the listening session.

I'm going to wait until they decide to issue a box that contains all the disc that works.

By the way for all Aussies I finally got a price from JB HiFi for the Chicago box. Wait for it........$250

Oh well, can't do any harm repeating such a great price.
I didn't see your post, I saw it on imwan.

Oh well, can't do any harm repeating such a great price.

Agreed! I've gone for this myself, after still being on the fence about this release. It'll be interesting to see if what I get is the corrected set, or the original one, where I believe 1 of the cds was only in mono by mistake.

Thanks. I just ordered it to the US (from the UK) for $86.65 shipped(!) I suppose I have Brexit to thank for that :(

How the heck are we paying prices like $139, $102, whatever, in the US yet these are available from Amazon UK at $87? Shipped, no less. I went the UK route for Tusk and Idelwild South and they were much cheaper as well.

I'm not sure if the search function doesn't work or if it hasn't been specifically mentioned, but does anyone know if all sets of this from around the world are region free or not? I would assume that they are but would appreciate some info if anyone in the US has imported it and knows for sure. Thanks. :)

I'm not sure if the search function doesn't work or if it hasn't been specifically mentioned, but does anyone know if all sets of this from around the world are region free or not? I would assume that they are but would appreciate some info if anyone in the US has imported it and knows for sure. Thanks. :)
I bought mine from a UK distributor and it plays fine - I'm the same region as US.

Back