Love and Rockets and Pixies-disk's listed at Simon Heyworth website

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as indicated in the link, the mix was made by our own Señor Neil Wilkes (and no, he didn't go to Ibiza last year! ;) ) and it's a freakin' great mix...

(never heard a dud mix from Neil!!!)

Last edited:
Of course, I've heard of both bands, but neither have been on my radar whatsoever. Never heard any of their music - but these titles sound promising. I look forward to getting them both via the Moose. Good price. Milt's description of The Pixies definitely sounds like something I'd like. I don't plan on listening to any of their music ahead of receiving these 2 titles. So, should be fun...

ImportCDs have their pre-order links up now, both titles marked as Canada - Import and $25.79 each:
Pixies
Love And Rockets

Isn't that ironic and typical for where I live.
Says its from Canada and yet I can't find a place In Canada to order it from yet.
Not sure if I will get a reply but sent a email to '[email protected]' asking when we can expect to see these 2 titles available in Canada.

Seems that several posters on this thread are unfamiliar with The Pixies.
Maybe this can help give you an idea of their "sound".

The Pixies generally write fairly melodic guitar driven music with nice phat bass & percussive drumming.
Think Smashing Pumpkins instrumentally.
As much as Billy's vocals could be a distraction, James Iha's brilliant guitar & Chamberlin's great drumming are wonderful.
In fact the gender instrumental makeup of both original lineups are identical for whatever that's worth.

A mix of what I would call cerebral lyrics with straight forward boy-girl stuff too.

Kurt Cobain was heavily influenced by the band's "dynamics".
Soft, low-key verses with explosive chorus and solos.

Without getting any more esoteric that's as straight-forward as I can describe The Pixies general modus operandi at least as far a Doolittle is concerned.

Personally, I love The Pixies and have all of the MoFi SACDS which it sounds like this BD includes only in PCM form.

I have no experience with the surround mixes in The Minotaur set.

Quite a good description of the Pixies from my observations.

The band was according to many music historians very influencial in the dynamics of the hugely infuential 'Nevermind' album by Nirvana (Kurt Cobain).

As i am a massive fan of this Nirvana album, it extends logically that these preceding albums must be v. Good elements to this creative entity that is widely accepted by critics as a resident Top 50 greatest album of all time (dare I say top 10!?).

I too look forward to unearthing this in the most pristine way to discover this music- that is 5.1.

amazon's price on the Love & Rockets Blu-Ray is still sky high.
However, the price on "Dolittle" dropped to $19.99, so it has been ordered! Can't wait! :)

RT, I went with Bull Moose for both.
I believe they were $19.99 each.
Update: $19.97 each

Back