Love and Rockets and Pixies-disk's listed at Simon Heyworth website

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Canadians finally see some reseller's from Europe selling both L&R and Pixies for around $24 plus shipping.
Example here:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M64D74I/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A13RHI0WQR7224

I see my order from Burning Shed for Pixies dispatched today :)

Very nice, Pixies down to $19.95 + 3.49 s&h now so I'm jumping on it!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B01MEF9OBP/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Ordered L&R for $21.57 + 3.49 s&h from the same marketplace seller (RAREWAVES with 99% feedback) for a total charge of CDN$48.51

Apparently BullMoose has been stocked and is shipping both titles.

Update 12/15: Both arrived today. Nice.
Not too thrilled with the packaging but that is usually minor consideration.

Last edited:
Listening to the pixie's disc now an interesting album, I only remember hearing monkey back in the day, but there is some excellent music on this album.

The surround is good, with good use of the whole sound field, I will leave sound quality to those with golden ears as it's sounds of its time to me.

Happy to have an opus authored blu ray disc fuss free and low maintenance compared with some hfpa discs.

My copies arrived this morning, so you fellow US folks should be getting yours shortly. I sadly won't have much time to listen until late in the weekend.

I'm listening to my copy at the moment (I got it from Burning Shed). This is not a band I have ever heard of before, and I bought it solely because Neil Wilkes & BJ Cole had mixed it into 5.1. So its a Pure Audio Blu-Ray with easy switching between Stereo, DTS HD & LPCM surround, starts playing the DTS. First impressions are really positive, nice clear recording. I do like the surround mix nicely immersive, I particularly liked the acoustic guitar in the back to echo in the front on the first track, made me smile. Plus I like the music, and I'm quite picky on what I like from the mid-80s era bands (my favourite is Talk Talk). So its a definite :upthumb to Neil & BJ, and Love & Rockets for this release, can we have more please.

I'm listening to my copy at the moment (I got it from Burning Shed). This is not a band I have ever heard of before, and I bought it solely because Neil Wilkes & BJ Cole had mixed it into 5.1. So its a Pure Audio Blu-Ray with easy switching between Stereo, DTS HD & LPCM surround, starts playing the DTS. First impressions are really positive, nice clear recording. I do like the surround mix nicely immersive, I particularly liked the acoustic guitar in the back to echo in the front on the first track, made me smile. Plus I like the music, and I'm quite picky on what I like from the mid-80s era bands (my favourite is Talk Talk). So its a definite :upthumb to Neil & BJ, and Love & Rockets for this release, can we have more please.

I agree with you, it's a great mix (you'll never get a dud from Neil!) ....back in the 80's I was not a big fan of L+R since I connected them to Bauhaus, but this disc is REALLY GOOD...I LOVE it!!

Buy these. Now. Doolittle absolutely kicks ass here in surround. The Love and Rockets disc sounds great as well. Nicely done Neil!

Last edited:
can't remember if I mentioned before but fwiw I preferred the Love & Rockets to the Pixies in testing but that may have been because I instantly liked the Love & Rockets one more musically (didn't know either band or album before they got done in 5.1) as much as the mix although the style of mixing between the two feels quite different so that could be another influence, I'll give the Pixies another fair crack of the whip with refreshed ears this Xmas! :)

Both discs finally arrived today. Absolutely blown away. Never heard the L&R album before and it must have been 20 years since I listened to Doolittle the last time. Excellent mixes for two great albums. Beggars & 4ad in particular have/had so many of my favourite bands signed… I pray to whatever multi-eared god(dess) there might be…*please let us have more of those. :)

Back