Love and Rockets and Pixies-disk's listed at Simon Heyworth website

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys say the nicest things - and I hope whoever buys the L&R gets as much fun out of it as I had mixing it.
Trying to talk Beggars into doing some more, and on the bright side the label archive manager is heavily into high resolution & surround so who knows. I will give it my best shot.

Another vote for the Cocteau Twins in surround! Especially, Heaven or Las Vegas or Victorialand, but any 5.1 releases of their albums would be an instant purchase for me.

Pixies pre-ordered from Burning Shed, looking forward to this release (and hopefully more) after the disappointment with the Minotaur box set surround mixes.

I was totally unfamiliar with these albums so off I went to You Tube to have a listen and halfway through Doolittle I new I wanted it, especially if it was in surround, so I pre-ordered from Burning Shed. Love and Rockets I'm not so sure about. I'm just finished listening to Doolittle the second time through :music headphones :music and WOW I Really know I want it, (y) can't wait :banana:

I was totally unfamiliar with these albums so off I went to You Tube to have a listen and halfway through Doolittle I new I wanted it, especially if it was in surround, so I pre-ordered from Burning Shed. Love and Rockets I'm not so sure about. I'm just finished listening to Doolittle the second time through :music headphones :music and WOW I Really know I want it, (y) can't wait :banana:

Good Man.

Where is Your Mind? (Pixies joke)
Check out L & R.

About a month ago I went into a local city vendor that does some pre-orders.Given the discs are being printed or packaged here in Canada I thought I'd ask.
I was surprised that they COULD INDEED pre order Pixies-Doolittle for me, a few $ 's more than on line but it's a done deal.
Could be a week or more to go though.

I always prefer to support local sales whenever possible. They're friendly and you can't beat that person-person exchange and shared hobby. They buy and sell for their own shared hobby as well as the customer's.(y):sun

About a month ago I went into a local city vendor that does some pre-orders.Given the discs are being printed or packaged here in Canada I thought I'd ask.
I was surprised that they COULD INDEED pre order Pixies-Doolittle for me, a few $ 's more than on line but it's a done deal.
Could be a week or more to go though.

I always prefer to support local sales whenever possible. They're friendly and you can't beat that person-person exchange and shared hobby. They buy and sell for their own shared hobby as well as the customer's.(y):sun

You are a good man for going that route Fizz-twister. I commend you on that. :)

You are a good man for going that route Fizz-twister. I commend you on that. :)

support thy local trader!
(I would if I had one.. :eek: ..its pretty much online or bust now, though I do wonder if Rough Trade might get these two BD-A's in?! I shall make enquiries this weekend! :p )

Thanks for the Amazon UK pre-order btw Ryan :upthumb
(if you see similar for Pixies.. ;) ;) wink wink nudge nudge! say na more! :D )

Way to go, would love to order locally as well, have tried hmv for a few things but didn't see it at their website,maybe I should try calling.

peter

I know what your saying P.Z.,

I have HMV here as well, but questionable service (5 stores !!!). There are two large used record outlets here in the city and although there is a bit of a premium for a pre-order or re-order disc, you can't best their service. And they aim to please their collectors-and the staff themselves are collectors. :sun It also helps that they know that Quad and Surround are wanted. :upthumb

Also HMV CANADA doesn't always carry what I want and some prices are indeed, too dear.

BTW, Don't you have London Drugs in your neck of the Woods ? We got one here and I've seen a few excellent DVDA 'S etc.
Not a lot but great prices I thought. ($ 18.00 ELP DVDA'S etc.). Might have the Pixes and Love & Rockets-Blu-rays ?

Just wonderin.

Got an email today from Bull Moose that both titles are delayed a week to Dec 16th.

I did do the preorder from UK as see they dropped the price to 16.99 pounds which is around 14 pounds for those of us that can have VAT removed.

SO frustrated with Amazon.ca lately, as put some info on Alan Parsons link for strange stuff that went on with that sale at Amazon.ca
I have been checking Amazon.ca every day for well over a month, called them a few times and their customer reps said, yes it should be available for preorder in early Dec., well it is early Dec. and nothing.
The strange thing is like the Alan Parsons as amazon does not have a preorder, the resellers can then sell it.
You can actually buy the L&R already with resellers having it in stock, its more pricey then what I would want to pay so have not ordered as the resellers are all in Euorpe so went the amazon.uk route, wonder why they don't have it yet as others sure do and are taking advantage of no competition for those that want it ASAP.

I called a couple of local record stores and even though we have a beggars canada they told me for them to order the L&R they have to go through a import distributer so would cost more to order than actually just ordering straight from Europe, which I now eventually did and secondly they said would take 4-6 weeks to showup at a local store here.
That was HMV and Zulu records that I checked with from Vancouver.

peter

For those of thus that ordered the Pixies from Burning Shed, they will be mailing out preorders starting tomorrow(Weds Dec.7) morning.
Lisa as always is great on following up on things and she replied as follows:

"Our stock only arrived from the label late this afternoon so we will be posting pre-ordered copies in the morning when our first mail is collected."

Latest posts

Back