Love and Rockets and Pixies-disk's listed at Simon Heyworth website

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seemingly still no Amazon UK listings for either of these.. loathe to go the import route as it just ends up costing a bomb these days with shipping/customs/exchange rate.. oh well..

Doolittle also contains the MFSL Stereo SACD remaster, my copy of which I can now relegate to the backburner of history. Glad I didn't 'spring' for the pricey Pixie Minotaur boxset which contains inferior surround remixes.

Stick to your guns, Adam....I'm sure it will show up @ AmazonUK.....sooner than later..........There'll soon be "Pixie dust" in your future!:banana:

A solution is in sight :cool: I have been informed that if all things go to plan, then it will be appearing on the Burning Shed website/newsletter next week.

seemingly still no Amazon UK listings for either of these.. loathe to go the import route as it just ends up costing a bomb these days with shipping/customs/exchange rate.. oh well..

Thanks, but I do not order from importcds.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Certainly tangential to the topic, but I too have finally given up on importcds after years of ups and mostly downs.
Not worth a couple bucks anymore. Whether I want a release now or whenever.
Just too unpredictable when others aren't.

According to amazon.com, the release date for both of these Blu-Rays has been pushed back by one week to December 16th, FYI :)

You guys say the nicest things - and I hope whoever buys the L&R gets as much fun out of it as I had mixing it.
Trying to talk Beggars into doing some more, and on the bright side the label archive manager is heavily into high resolution & surround so who knows. I will give it my best shot.
Inner.jpgLove-and-Rockets---Front.jpgLove-and-Rockets---Rear.jpg

Apologies for the poor scans

You guys say the nicest things - and I hope whoever buys the L&R gets as much fun out of it as I had mixing it.
Trying to talk Beggars into doing some more, and on the bright side the label archive manager is heavily into high resolution & surround so who knows. I will give it my best shot.

I look forward to hearing these two when they arrive. Neil - I really hope you can manage to convince Beggars to do more.

The following is my top 10 list of artists in their stable that I'd most like in surround.

1. Birthday Party
2. Cocteau Twins
3. PJ Harvey
4. Queens of the Stone Age
5. Raconteurs
6. Radiohead
7. Savages
8. St. Vincent
9. Jack White
10. White Stripes

I'm sure I'm not alone with some of these artists.

Thank your for all your great work and efforts Neil! I'll dare repeat myself here. I'd love to hear your 5.1 of the Tones On Tails material. Lions would simply be fabulous in Surround. :)

Tones On Tail would be a fascinating project to do - I always felt their material should have done better but like L&R they were under rated at the time.
Express would be another great one (L&R again) as would be the Earth.Sun.Moon album ("No New Tale To Tell" has a wicked flute solo) - such a great band.
The Cult & The Pixies & The Cocteau Twins again incredible in 5.1 - here's hoping these sell & the beancounters agree to do more.

Tones On Tail would be a fascinating project to do - I always felt their material should have done better but like L&R they were under rated at the time.
Express would be another great one (L&R again) as would be the Earth.Sun.Moon album ("No New Tale To Tell" has a wicked flute solo) - such a great band.
The Cult & The Pixies & The Cocteau Twins again incredible in 5.1 - here's hoping these sell & the beancounters agree to do more.

My audio advisers (my sons :) ) have told me that OK Computer would be "awesome" in 5.1!

I have both on order. The Cult's Love in 5.1? Now, that would be tasty.

Back