Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How good is the surround version of this? I've been trolling for one for several months, and the prices are always higher than I'm willing to go.

Thanks,
Steve

It really is exceptionally well done. Approximately a year ago, it was offered at AmazonUS for a ridiculously low price*, brand new, so I would check that website from time to time for similar price reductions.

*$8.99 brand new, delivered! Now I notice the CURRENT price is 10x that.

GenesisSellingEngland.jpg

How good is the surround version of this? I've been trolling for one for several months, and the prices are always higher than I'm willing to go.

Thanks,
Steve

amazon Germany: 1.594,68 €, that's a bit more than I'm willing to pay. If it were, say 1.200 € I would buy it - not. :mad:@:

Olivier Messiaen (Simax SACD)

L'Ascension, Diptyque, Prélude, Offrande au Saint Sacrement, Apparition de l'Église éternelle, Le Banquet céleste

Inger-Lise Ulsrud (organ)

Tipped a few Guiness to THE POGUES-LIVE IN PARIS DD 5.1 2012 Good Surround.Masters of Celtic Rock.:smokin

What a fantastic band, and performance with Shane MacGowan showing he can still sing on cue, even though he has signs of nuerological damage (alcoholism).

The Director does an interesting job in the beginning, showing the aged, tired, rocker legends in B/W.--But boy do they ever perform !! And the crowd-goes insane, mosh pit madness.

Factoid :Only one member of The Pogues is from Ireland .

20170307_185357.jpg20170317_171642.jpg20170317_171810.jpg20170317_180659.jpg

Also on last nite's itinerary : :smokin

The Pogues Live In Lysin. 89? DVDA This is not a very good surround recording, but it's Siverline afterall--But it's an excellent performance. (y)

And Van Morrison @Montreux 74/80. 2 dvds are dts 5.1

20170310_182602.jpg20170310_182554.jpg

OrganOrgan - Ville Urponen (Alba SACD)

A collection of 20th century Finnish music for pipe organ.
Forgive me...perhaps not everyone here's cup of tea, but...
How I do love music for pipe organ! :banana:

Whenever I put one of these discs on, I can't help but think this is the main reason I have my surround system. And Alba Records is amongst the best in the business. Their pipe organ recordings aren't particularly discrete, but rather superbly capture the natural resonance of the organ and venue.

Love And Rockets - "Seventh Dream..." 5.1 BD-A- Wow! I previewed this album on YouTube before purchase, and wasn't really digging it... but in surround, it really opens up into a lush soundscape... really glad I bought this!

Back