Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This afternoon I've listened to:music

Barclay James Harvest - Once Again
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic
R.E.M. - Around the Sun
and a bit of
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots:mad:@:

Edit: Oops I forgot:confused: also Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Last edited:
Simple Minds Once Upon A Time.....my well worn cd bought at release can be retired. Don't know why I avoided this before, maybe it was the $50 for 8 songs......but the extras and the incredible surround mix more than make up. ? Their short lived high point in the US of A, but a really great high.

The Who- Tommy 5.1 BD-A... rotated the channel assignments as some recommended, and sounds really good (Drums LF, Bass RF, Guitars and background vocals in rears) (Only tried it on "Pinball Wizard" so far...)

And now on to what I love the most - THE DOORS! Absolutely one of my top 5 favorite bands. Always have been - even back in the late 70's when my buddies thought they sucked. :yikes

How lucky are we to have these SACD from The Doors?

17412566-79DA-4AF2-B9F0-FFE413D940FB.jpg

"How lucky we are to have these Doors in DVDA" :)

They only have 1 DVD-A, right? I have it.... :)

The Doors Perception Box Set..ALL SIX DISCS.

Contains many, many bonus tracks in 5.1 on DVDA so it bests the sacd set imo..but the first disc is stereo only. I believe it's still available via Rhino but the price is close to double + now.

Contains many, many bonus tracks in 5.1 on DVDA so it bests the sacd set imo..but the first disc is stereo only. I believe it's still available via Rhino but the price is close to double + now.

Hmmm - not sure if I remember that set having DVD-A. Same mix as SACD's or no?

The first album "The Doors" in Perception box set is not stereo only. Also available with audio option MLP 5.1 24Bit 96K. These were 4 track recordings therefore limitation of rear channels with ambience only.

Hmmm - not sure if I remember that set having DVD-A. Same mix as SACD's or no?

The Multichannel mixes are the same for both the DVD-V and SACD sets.

The Perception box contains new Stereo mixes and the SACDs contain the original Stereo mixes.

I have a feeling of having written this in the thread a short while ago. :mad:@:

Another overlooked Silverline Gem: Aaron Neville: 'I Believe.' A few spirituals and a rousing incredible version (reggae style with horns and soulful choruses) of If I Had a Hammer. Amazing DISCRETE sonics and the price is ridiculously cheap from Amazon's third party sellers. HIGHEST recommendation: https://www.amazon.com/Believe-Aaro...1&keywords=Aaron+Neville:+I+Believe+DVD-audio

(y)(y)

You weren't kidding about being dirt cheap. Can't go wrong for $5 shipped!

You weren't kidding about being dirt cheap. Can't go wrong for $5 shipped!

The first few cuts are a bit religious in nature but the singing, arrangements and discrete sonics are so effective everyone who is not an atheist or agnostic should enjoy this DVD~A immensely. After all, it IS called "I Believe!"

Back