Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Image 2017-09-06 at 3.21 PM.jpg

David Miles Huber - Gamma on blu ray in 5.1

Linkin Park - Reanimation (DVD-A MLP 5.1)
Actually I'm not a hip-hop guy, but this dvd sounds pretty cool in 5.1. :51banana:

d7b98ca96fb0a81f0ddc15fd3dd7da08.jpg

The Eagles. Farewell Tour. Incredible production. Notice the feet up. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they'd do So Far, So Good, Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction too.
And the classic Metallica albums. And a bunch more thrash, but I'm just dreamin'...

Boy howdy I wish. Sure we got Metallica, QueensRyche, Megadeth, Iron Madien and others but none of them are really that great. Some really wasted opportunity.

Instead I'm listening to Bon Jovi: This Feels Right. How lame...(well actually there's some good surround songs on there)

R-2014820-1261198055.jpeg.jpg

Boy howdy I wish. Sure we got Metallica, QueensRyche, Megadeth, Iron Madien and others but none of them are really that great. Some really wasted opportunity.

Instead I'm listening to Bon Jovi: This Feels Right. How lame...(well actually there's some good surround songs on there)

View attachment 30636
It's not a bad disc if you like the songs and arrangements. At least Bon Jovi gave us Slippery When Wet also. If the best Thrash/NWOBHM bands gave us their best album in 5.1 I'd be thrilled. Master of Puppets, Seasons in the Abyss, The Chemical Wedding, Among the Living, Number of the Beast, etc.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

I wish they'd do So Far, So Good, Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction too.
And the classic Metallica albums. And a bunch more thrash, but I'm just dreamin'...

Heck, I'd be happy with competent MONO mixes of the 1st 3 Metallica albums! Those lo grade no budget scratch mixes that were released are a travesty. The foundation of the band (Cliff) buried. Quiet tom hits not opening up the crudely dialed in gates. Icepick to the forehead eq on the guitars. Just to scratch the surface... I get WHY these were no budget releases at the time. But I'm not happy!

Megadeath albums are pretty much unmixed in general too. How is it that what are supposed to be some of the big heavyweight music albums are mixed so poorly to make them puny sounding?!

Back