Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you got a cheap copy...that's what it is...A COPY...I'm guessing it's from Russia or Belarus...legit copies don't usually dip below $55 for a used copy...the Russian bootleg sellers on amazon have gotten smarter...people started to realize that the bootlegs were a darker color than a legit copy...so now they put a disclaimer in the item description that states that the discs are just darker in the Russian versions:mad:@:...but on the positive side...these aren't some amateur hour bootlegs...they are excellent and hard to tell the difference from the real titles..and it will sound just as good...I would suggest that you change your password on Ebay..that's one of their goals..is to get information on you to either use themselves or sell to hackers...they don't make very much on the discs...I know all this because I purchased one of those and months later my Ebay account was hacked...and Ebay either can't or won't do anything about them selling the boots...hard to prove and even harder to take any action because they originate in Russia...they have become so commonplace that some places just call them "unofficial" releases...usually they list Eagle Rock as their source...

But enough of that...this concert is my favorite Metallica offering...but I must admit that I'm not a hard core fan..so I'm not in a position to compare it to various other concert dates...but the whole atmosphere of this concert is what makes it so special for me...and the venue was responsible for that feeling...the band was in awe of playing at this site...and that was reflected in their attitude..this was a more mature...focused Metallica

I think you will really like it:)

I was very fortunate to score a brand new and fantastic looking/sounding 3D BD~V of Through the Never from AmazonUK for £7.92 + s/h but the catch is, it's region B. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Metallica-Through-the-Never-3D-Blu-ray/87224/

It's also available as a domestic 3D BD~V but look at the price: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Metallica-Through-the-Never-3D-Blu-ray/91190/ :yikes

If you got a cheap copy...that's what it is...A COPY...I'm guessing it's from Russia or Belarus...legit copies don't usually dip below $55 for a used copy...the Russian bootleg sellers on amazon have gotten smarter...people started to realize that the bootlegs were a darker color than a legit copy...so now they put a disclaimer in the item description that states that the discs are just darker in the Russian versions:mad:@:...but on the positive side...these aren't some amateur hour bootlegs...they are excellent and hard to tell the difference from the real titles..and it will sound just as good...I would suggest that you change your password on Ebay..that's one of their goals..is to get information on you to either use themselves or sell to hackers...they don't make very much on the discs...I know all this because I purchased one of those and months later my Ebay account was hacked...and Ebay either can't or won't do anything about them selling the boots...hard to prove and even harder to take any action because they originate in Russia...they have become so commonplace that some places just call them "unofficial" releases...usually they list Eagle Rock as their source...

But enough of that...this concert is my favorite Metallica offering...but I must admit that I'm not a hard core fan..so I'm not in a position to compare it to various other concert dates...but the whole atmosphere of this concert is what makes it so special for me...and the venue was responsible for that feeling...the band was in awe of playing at this site...and that was reflected in their attitude..this was a more mature...focused Metallica

I think you will really like it:)

Thanks for the warning Clint! I am always careful with some of those Eastern sellers on Ebay.

I ordered it from the seller musicMagpie (formerly eStocks) on Ebay. A seller I have ordered a lot of music from, never any problems. Maybe very cheap was not entirely correct, the price was £10.53 incl shipping.

I am looking forward to watching/listening to the disc!!

I was very fortunate to score a brand new and fantastic looking/sounding 3D BD~V of Through the Never from AmazonUK for £7.92 + s/h but the catch is, it's region B. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Metallica-Through-the-Never-3D-Blu-ray/87224/

It's also available as a domestic 3D BD~V but look at the price: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Metallica-Through-the-Never-3D-Blu-ray/91190/ :yikes

I got the German 3D edition with the awesome Atmos soundtrack:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Metallica-Through-the-Never-3D-Blu-ray/129774/

Symbol - Engine-Earz Experiment (BD-A)

woah! :yikes Evanesvence Synthesis folk, take note, "this is how you do it, baby"! (imho! :eek: )

the surround sound (even just the DTS HD MA 5.1, i don't have and will never be able to accommodate 9.1 Auro in my shoebox, sadly!) is sensational.!! :worthy

Ronald Prent, I love you! :music to me you're right up there with Mr.S.Wilson & Mr.E.Scheiner :upthumb :upthumb

Edit: is there a QQ Poll for this disc?

Great deal. Wasn't even aware of the German ATMOS version. Ya learn something new everyday.

I hate it when they release the same movie/concert blu ray discs, some with Atmos soundtrack and some without. Movie releases here in Scandinavia sometimes does not have Atmos soundtrack, while UK or other region releases have.

I usually try to check with blu-ray.com before ordering, but sometimes forget.

Synthesis - Evanescence (Dolby Digital 5.1 DVD)

catching up on trying out a few purchases from the last wee while that for one reason or another got overlooked and this is one that got well and truly lost in the pile(s), tbh i'd totally forgotten i'd got it! :eek:

on the basis of one listen it could have stayed there in the pile! the arrangements, the production, the performances, the mix, all just leaves me cold.. maybe that was the point!?

whatever they were aiming for the effect is lost on me anyway, i'd much rather hear the original of something like "Bring Me To Life" much more dramatic than the somehow sterile version here. oh well.. next!

I feel the same as you about this release, listened to it once and was not impressed. And I have 2 copies of it, somehow manage to order it twice :confused:

Lq8uvta.jpg

Foreigner :smokin

Around The World In A Daze - Phil Kline (2 x DVD-As)

just at the tail end of the 1st surround disc.. a kinda challenging listen at times so far but not "unlistenable", unpredictable may be a better description.. an almost haunting and foreboding feel in certain passages .. and a bit weird! :confused:

the surround mix is interesting and very active.
i'm not sure if its anything i'd listen thru in Stereo but i don't think that's the point of this one, it feels like it was conceived from the ground up to be heard in Surround and if my hunch is right on that basis as a whole it works.

I sure wish I had this one...hard to find overpriced item. :(

Yeah.. it SUCKS.. don't know when you started to get MCH releases, but even someone like me , who started in 2008, there are still a LOT of discs that I missed the "window of opportunity"!!! but I was lucky enough to find a few on places like jpc.de (both Al Dimeola SACDs for 13 EUR each and Pat Metheny's Imaginary Day for 18 Eur.. WOW!!!), hmv.co.jp (both Foreigner DVD-As for 25 EUR each and Billy Cobham's Spectrum DVD-A for 30 EUR), etc.
Many titles were already ridiculously expensive...!!!

Last edited:
Back