Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I've demoed for several people the original DVD-A in 5.2 and then the ATMOS disc in 7.2.4 and everyone walks out a believer in ATMOS.

Automatic for the People in ATMOS is the real deal.

Yes, it's an excellent Atmos mix. I have used it as a demo too, first they just sit in a random place in my listening room - and think it sounds great. Then I put them in the sweetspot and turn it up - and just watch their face, :mad:@: works every time!

b6911c59a1fd223079ca4293707af58b.jpg

Woo hoo! Art Garfunkel!!!! Simply wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b6911c59a1fd223079ca4293707af58b.jpg

Woo hoo! Art Garfunkel!!!! Simply wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the two Art Garfunkel discs the first week in january (Amazon), haven't received then yet, wonder if the ever will.... bet they sounds great :)

Metallica Francais Pour Une Nuit Live Aux Arenes De Nimes 2009 DTS-HD MA 5.1 48k ;)

How does it sound? Is it as good as "Through the Never" (2013)?

It seems like it's OOP? - I was lucky to find a very cheap copy on Ebay, ordered it :smokin

I visited the 2000 year old Arena in Nimes in 1998, fascinanting place. Last year they rode through the Arena on the first stage on Vuelta Espana (Cycling Race), very cool.

Tropical Campfires - Mike Nesmith (Dolby Surround CD)

perfect for a Sunday morning with a cuppa coffee and a muffin :p :smokin

the surround effect thru Dolby PLII Music is really nice :banana:

No Muffin, but a Baguette with cheese and ham - and coffee :)

Sadly the Winter Olympics in South Korea is finished, so many great sports moments, have been watching every day.

Back to more surround music listening :banana:

Shoeless Joe dts cd :)

Synthesis - Evanescence (Dolby Digital 5.1 DVD)

catching up on trying out a few purchases from the last wee while that for one reason or another got overlooked and this is one that got well and truly lost in the pile(s), tbh i'd totally forgotten i'd got it! :eek:

on the basis of one listen it could have stayed there in the pile! the arrangements, the production, the performances, the mix, all just leaves me cold.. maybe that was the point!?

whatever they were aiming for the effect is lost on me anyway, i'd much rather hear the original of something like "Bring Me To Life" much more dramatic than the somehow sterile version here. oh well.. next!

How does it sound? Is it as good as "Through the Never" (2013)?

It seems like it's OOP? - I was lucky to find a very cheap copy on Ebay, ordered it :smokin

I visited the 2000 year old Arena in Nimes in 1998, fascinanting place. Last year they rode through the Arena on the first stage on Vuelta Espana (Cycling Race), very cool.

If you got a cheap copy...that's what it is...A COPY...I'm guessing it's from Russia or Belarus...legit copies don't usually dip below $55 for a used copy...the Russian bootleg sellers on amazon have gotten smarter...people started to realize that the bootlegs were a darker color than a legit copy...so now they put a disclaimer in the item description that states that the discs are just darker in the Russian versions:mad:@:...but on the positive side...these aren't some amateur hour bootlegs...they are excellent and hard to tell the difference from the real titles..and it will sound just as good...I would suggest that you change your password on Ebay..that's one of their goals..is to get information on you to either use themselves or sell to hackers...they don't make very much on the discs...I know all this because I purchased one of those and months later my Ebay account was hacked...and Ebay either can't or won't do anything about them selling the boots...hard to prove and even harder to take any action because they originate in Russia...they have become so commonplace that some places just call them "unofficial" releases...usually they list Eagle Rock as their source...

But enough of that...this concert is my favorite Metallica offering...but I must admit that I'm not a hard core fan..so I'm not in a position to compare it to various other concert dates...but the whole atmosphere of this concert is what makes it so special for me...and the venue was responsible for that feeling...the band was in awe of playing at this site...and that was reflected in their attitude..this was a more mature...focused Metallica

I think you will really like it:)

Back