Dutton Vocalion April 2018 Surround Sound SACDs (Guess Who, Rick Derringer & The Hues Corporation)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully the neighbours are out.

Three gobsmackingly good demonstration material quadraphonic SACDs! They are well and truly superb. I kept on breaking out into a grin as each new delight blasted out of the speakers.

Give me an inch and I want a mile. Please Mr Dutton, loads more like this! I'll get an extension built on the house in which to keep them.

One is over the moon.

I think we can dare to dream now! it's only the tail end of April and already DV have given us two Garfunkels, two Derringers and two Guess Who's, among several other Quad treasures so far this year, who knows what could be just around the corner from this lovely label.. can't wait for the next set of releases, so exciting..!!!
Must wake up soon.

How did I miss these titles ? Two fr The Guess Who and Hues Corp and Derringer....gotta pay more attention in class !!!:sleep::eek:

I'm really looking forward to hearing how clean the transfer of AAB is? That album has been such a favourite since it was released. Hoping that Jump, Jump, Jump sounds like I can hear it in my head!

BTW, Adam, how do you rate D~V's stereo SACD of Weather Report's Night Passage?

So glad you enjoyed D~V's latest batch of QUAD SACDs.

No offense to Q8 and SQ/CD~4 vinyl lovers but there's probably NO comparison between those older formats and Michael Dutton's superb remastering from the original QUAD masters.

Thanks for the reviews, Adam and Oxenholme! :)

I'm still able to get new Classical MC SACDs, but ambient sound only gets you so far. ;) Sometimes ya gotta have the full immersive experience. :51QQ

Really looking forward to some groovy Quad to rock out to. Thank the stars for Dutton Vocalion :love::love:

I was totting up how much I'd spent on trying to get acceptable sound quality copies of the old Quad LPs (and more recently Q8 tapes) of this latest batch of SACDs.

just taking the example of the 2 Rick Derringer Quads (4 x SQ LPs & 1 x Q8 of All American Boy, 2 x SQ LPs & 1 x Q8 of Spring Fever) cost me £189.50 in all.

when you look at the 2-fer SACD for just £11.99 + shipping.. unbelievable.. makes these SACDs to me even more staggeringly great value.

xCqeHZL.jpeg

£55 in total for 2 copies of the CD-4 of #10 and 1 x CD-4 of Road Food vs £11.99 for the 2-fer SACD.. I don't regret getting the old Quad LPs one bit, I love them, just for sheer value for money, plus you're getting master tape quality discrete surround sound, better than the CD-4's could ever be, to me these DV releases are awesome!

Q5mPMK2.jpeg

I'm a little slow on the draw. Ordered Guess Who and Derringer. I only know Hoochie Koo from Derringer, but may recognize others. Will be fun to get familiar in quad. Supporting DV was paramount. Love the Guess Who, have the Greatest Hits SACD, but would buy all of their album pairs from DV.

Clap for the Dutton man!

Back