Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last nite......gave this Mega Bowie Wonder a spin.

David Bowie -Rise And Fall......SACD 5.1

Lovely album to play--All The Way Thru !!

Attachments

• 20180516_104353.jpg
    20180516_104353.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20180516_104347.jpg
    20180516_104347.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 93
Marion Meadows: Player's Club/HEADS~UP Label/file under JAZZ

I've been listening to SO much 70's QUAD lately that putting this incredible ultra discrete Surround Disc in my player alerted me that nothing can beat modern Digital recordings recorded as exquisitely well as Player's Club. The sound explodes out of the speakers. Every instrument is articulated, the bass is deep and the discrete use of the surrounds so cohesive that it puts you squarely in the studio with the musicians.

Definitely worth a listen. If you 'dig' a Grover Washington vibe, this one's for you. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=2010#tracks

Last edited:
Marion Meadows: Player's Club/HEADS~UP Label/file under JAZZ

I've been listening to SO much 70's QUAD lately that putting this incredible ultra discrete Surround Disc in my player alerted me that nothing can beat modern Digital recordings recorded as exquisitely well as Player's Club. The sound explodes out of the speakers. Every instrument is articulated, the bass is deep and the discrete use of the surrounds so cohesive that it puts you squarely in the studio with the musicians.

Definitely worth a listen. If you 'dig' a Grover Washington vibe, this one's for you. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=2010#tracks
Completely agree! There's nothing like a modern surround recording. So now I'm spinning one I just picked up at Tower Records today...

Northern German Organ Baroque Vol. 15 - Heinrich Schiedemann: Organ Works - Friedhelm Flamme (SACD)

It ain't Jimmy Smith, but I'm diggin' the BAROQUE VIBE. Chillin'... :cool:(y)

Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari: Orchestral Works (SACD)

Trittico Op. 19, Arabesken Op. 22, Divertimento Op. 20, Suite Veneziana Op. 18

Munich Radio Orchestra
Ulf Schirmer (conductor)

A little easy listening with a touch of melancholy tonight. Didn't expect to like this so much.

Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water (DTS 24/96) I had nearly forgotten how good this is. Great music and for my taste, the surround mix is great. Espacially the more complex part in Lucky Seven and Safe (The Canon Song) sound really much clearer than on my old vinyl.

Ever since Spock got me back on track about those DVDs with surround...I've been playing some of those that I hadn't heard for years..again thanks to Spock for his logic...I'm now listening to Episode 5 of the Beatles Anthology...I wish there was a way to cut thru all the extras/talking on this set and just hear the music...hearing I Feel Fine at Shea Stadium right now...it's raining here today in Florida....a good time to stay indoors and listen to music...

Ever since Spock got me back on track about those DVDs with surround...I've been playing some of those that I hadn't heard for years..again thanks to Spock for his logic...I'm now listening to Episode 5 of the Beatles Anthology...I wish there was a way to cut thru all the extras/talking on this set and just hear the music...hearing I Feel Fine at Shea Stadium right now...it's raining here today in Florida....a good time to stay indoors and listen to music...
Sometimes, there is a way to cut through the talking. I mean, once in a while, when you rip the audio from a disc like that...the talking is considered it's own track. If you get my drift. But, I suppose it depends title by title.

Sometimes, there is a way to cut through the talking. I mean, once in a while, when you rip the audio from a disc like that...the talking is considered it's own track. If you get my drift. But, I suppose it depends title by title.

Somebody on here mentioned that exact thing...a way to just extract the music from that set of DVDs...WAY over my head...there is some impressive surround on the set...but a lot of talking over the music as well...but even for me to just listen to the music today...it's a lot of material to go thru...you are listening to a song like the Taxman...and in the middle George starts talking and you hear the song in the background...

Back