Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing disc 2 now of Bitches Brew, hmm, seems a little more stronger. I own all of the 7” Japanese surround releases and this is the first one with plastic sleeves over the discs. Please keep plastic out of the ocean.

Right on, M! Come September, no more plastic straws or plastic bags in supermarkets.......

Doing disc 2 now of Bitches Brew, hmm, seems a little more stronger. I own all of the 7” Japanese surround releases and this is the first one with plastic sleeves over the discs. Please keep plastic out of the ocean.
Does that include humans too? Cause we have lots of plastic in our cells now. :eek:o_O:cry:

Probably to prevent the discs from coming loose during shipment. BTW, what is your impression of BB, MP?

BTW, you haven't lived until you've had a pizza from Brooklyn, NY. Must be that New York City water!

I’m starting to get sick of this Bitches Brew, but I will hang in there for the full experience so I can be an educated person when the poll arrives.

Probably to prevent the discs from coming loose during shipment. BTW, what is your impression of BB, MP?

BTW, you haven't lived until you've had a pizza from Brooklyn, NY. Must be that New York City water!
Sonically, Ralphie, much better than the deluxe edition disc I have, surround is outstanding but it’s Bitches Brew that we have all heard a million times, it’s still the same psychedelic music that is not a “go to disc” for me.

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People (BD - Atmos)
R.E.M. - Automatic For The People (DVD-A)

I recently picked this disc up from markshan’s sale. It pales in comparison to the BD Atmos version. Not that it’s bad. Far from it. Lead vocals are mostly allocated to the L&R speakers here versus the Atmos Mix where the lead vocal is mostly allocated to the center channel. The drums sound flat here on some songs even with the Auro-3D upmixer. Not so in Atmos. Also in Atmos, there’s a huge soundstage and more separation. Sounds are discrete in all nine channels. Though, the dynamics are a bit better on the DVD-A. All the same, very happy to have this DVD-A Mix version. I’ve played this album so much now, I’m beginning to think it’s the best one in the Warner Bros. catalog.

I need to find a couple of the other DVD-A discs in the catalog.

Last edited:
Listening now to Jeff Beck Rough and ready 5.1, Japanese at 82db on a full blown power conditioner, expensive wires, treated disc, McIntosh rig, B&W Diamond speakers, entire neighborhood can hear, awesome!!:SG
Just got a trophie, KOO.
Did I mention, 450 watts in the front and 350watts in the back.

Listening now to Jeff Beck Rough and ready 5.1, Japanese at 82db on a full blown power conditioner, expensive wires, treated disc, McIntosh rig, B&W Diamond speakers, entire neighborhood can hear, awesome!!:SG
Just got a trophie, KOO.
Something is missing. :unsure: Did you get your system cryogenically treated? 😜

Back