Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listened to a little Beethoven to ring in the new year, in Atmos (although honestly the mix is very front-heavy).

814-MvendfL._SL500_.jpg

Followed with a little Johann Strauss Jr. for my own NYE concert.

416njKx4h7L.jpg

The wife unit and I watched one of her favorite movies "Something About Mary', had a couple glasses of wine, and she went to bed tired. Both my kids are at a friends house celebrating the new year.

I'm left alone in the basement listening to music. It's weird how your life changes over the years.

Anyway, there was some discussion that the Kraftwerk 3D disc was the best ATMOS disc. I would disagree and introduce exhibit B - R.E.M.: Automatic For The People (Blu Ray 7.2.4). To me this becomes more clear when A - B'd against the 5.1 DVDA which is no slouch.

R-11209333-1511903069-6917.jpeg.jpg
I'd love to find it affordably!

Weren't you just listening to Rush - A Farewell to Kings ? I get it though, we have to pick our poison. I have the one and would very much wish to hear the other.

Through buying multiple copies and reselling, I was able to get the AFtK cost down to several tens of dollars. For a STEVEN WILSON mix of RUSH. AftP I like a whole lot less. And it already has a wonderful mix. So, it's apples and oranges, sorta. Perceived value, you know?
If I come across AftP Atmos under $50 I'll probably bite.

Billy Cobham- Spectrum (AF SACD)

This would've made a hell of a CD-4 release back in the day! What a mix...
Unreal mix. Love the incredible delineation between Bolin’s guitar and Hammer’s keys. Much less Sklar’s beautiful bass wonderfully reproduced. I haven’t even mentioned Cobham! Only other jazz fusion quad SACD I’ve heard that equally excited me is Beck’s Blow by Blow from CdJapan.

Roger Waters - The Wall Live
Dolby Atmos
:love::cry:
In the evergoing war of Floyd, I'd say I come down firmly in the Gilmour and the boys camp, mostly, but Roger did create that flying pig, and I indubitably respect his powerful control over the direction of the band. I just said indubitably. Obi-Wan Ken-dubitably. :smokin What a way to start the New Year! I like this place! :hi

Back