Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
31OKOgA3KPL.jpg

Another Beauty from Silverline in MLP DVD~A 5.1 and the mix is discrete. https://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Rain-...ar+williams:+the+beauty+of+the+rain+dvd+audio

Last edited:
Bought this one 5 years ago, new, for a total of ~$5 mainly for the case; and have never opened it:LOL:

JP, 5 years ago they were STILL selling replacement DVD~Audio cases for a buck apiece. Now they're unavailable at any price.

Dar's Green World is a very respectable outing with gorgeous sonics, a nice discrete mix and nothing earth shattering but certainly worth the $5 you paid.

Give it a spin and make sure you don't let that sticky residue from the label gunk up your shiny new case upon opening.

Last edited:
JP, 5 years ago they were STILL selling replacement DVD~Audio cases for a buck apiece.

Dar's Green World is a very respectable outing with gorgeous sonics, a nice discrete mix and nothing earth shattering but certainly worth the $5 you paid.

Give it a spin and make sure you don't let that sticky residue from the label gunk up your shiny new case upon opening.

Well, I've looked everywhere for those elusive cases, can you or anyone shed some light on where they are available? You know the ones with the smaller hinges!!:unsure:
As I too am guilty of buying cheap DVD-A's to get the case, too many have turned up poorly protected and the case is knackered!!

Well, I've looked everywhere for those elusive cases, can you or anyone shed some light on where they are available? You know the ones with the smaller hinges!!:unsure:
As I too am guilty of buying cheap DVD-A's to get the case, too many have turned up poorly protected and the case is knackered!!

I used to buy them from Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds had some about 2 years ago but they've suddenly vanished. Even Sleeve City which sells quality RBCD cases, Blu ray cases, etc. and all types of protective products for your discs ... not a one DVD~Audio case.

SACD cases are still available from Music Direct for $1 each and when I recently ordered some equipment, they threw ten in for free.

BTW, the Jazz/Rock group DJABE just released some new MLP DVD~A 5.1 discs in genuine DVD~Audio cases and when someone asked them where they purchased them....they said they bought the last few cases from somewhere in Eastern Europe.

I used to buy them from Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds had some about 2 years ago but they've suddenly vanished. Even Sleeve City which sells quality RBCD cases, Blu ray cases, etc. and all types of protective products for your discs ... not a one DVD~Audio case.
SACD cases are still available from Music Direct for $1 each and when I recently ordered some equipment, they threw ten in for free.

Cheers for the quick reply!! I've been searching for quite a while and so far found zip. Yes I got some SACD cases too. At least more sellers are protecting these discs in cardboard etc...pity they get thrown about!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers for the quick reply!! I've been searching for quite a while and so far found zip. Yes I got some SACD cases too. At least more sellers are protecting these discs in cardboard etc...pity they get thrown about!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll keep an eye out for them but I'm sure you and I are NOT alone in that quest.

BTW, do you have any of DJABE's albums? LOVE their music and the sonics are spectacular.

Same as Eddy's … It's Mike

Dear old mum decided to name all her boys after saints (all 4 of us!!)
Not too sure I've always lived up to that high status...:ROFLMAO:

Funny, that's always the name I wish my parents had given me. My mother told me I could always change it if I wanted. But Ralph's a habit and supposedly comes from the German name ROLF which means hero [?]

A close friend who was adopted and was given the name Ron discovered his birth parents a few years ago and his birth name was Michael. If you now call him Ron in error ... he punches you as he hated the name RON.

Mike, a big disappointment for me was the botched [rare for them] DTS Entertainment MLP DVD~A 5.1 of Cassandra Wilson's Traveling Miles on the Blue Note label. Problem was on the DVD~A 5.1 portion there was no front right channel. The Lossy DTS 5.1 and hi Res Stereo layers from the same disc played flawlessly. DTS never issued a replacement disc.

bofjkegr71mcv0ri8.jpg

https://dtsmusic.top/jazz/1025-cassandra-wilson-traveling-miles-2004-dvd-audio.html

Back